United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also heard a couple of rags saying in all seriousness that because the Euro has depreciated since last summer they haven't really lost any money on Tia Maria at all.
I heard that one as well! That is the best excuse I have ever heard. They actually believe that shit?

As much as i love to laugh at United, they've done alright getting that much back for him after a disaster of a season. They've made a book loss of just £3 million or 5%, it's not a disaster. I'm glad he's gone anyway, he was the only genuine outfield world class player they've got and would of been dangerous if he had gained some form.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews…/status/628071382321074176
May be better in this thread? Imagine for one minute if he had been a City player? No wonder their fans spin things, the media are supposed to be neutral and they always spin it positively for them.
What's not to like about that stat? They've sold a player who made them a better team when he played.

As for using De Gea to get Bale, I expect that to be as successful as using De Gea to get Ramos.

As much as i love to laugh at United, they've done alright getting that much back for him after a disaster of a season. They've made a book loss of just £3 million or 5%, it's not a disaster. I'm glad he's gone anyway, he was the only genuine outfield world class player they've got and would of been dangerous if he had gained some form.
They've done awfully to sell him at that price. They've lost a third of his value in one year, that's almost impressive. And that's even before you take into account the singing fees and his agents fee, which given it is Jorge Mendes and a £60m transfer it's safe to assume was fucking huge.

You missed out the £7m in signing fees there.

United always do well in the market when it comes to selling players, we're currently struggling to get £20M for Dzeko who's got a great goalscoring a goals per minute record!

They've done awfully to sell him at that price. They've lost a third of his value in one year, that's almost impressive. And that's even before you take into account the singing fees and his agents fee, which given it is Jorge Mendes and a £60m transfer it's safe to assume was fucking huge.

There was no doubt additional costs, just like with all other transfers but i didn't pay enough attention/care enough to look for any reported figures. I'm just looking at it the same way we like to look at all of our transfer losses. In their accounts they'll have made a loss on sale of £3 million. Or as i say, 5% of the transfer fee. It hurts to say this but given how much of a flop he was, that's pretty good going. The thing to laugh at is them losing their best player.

£44m for a World Class player is a bad deal in my book. I know he didn't do it for Utd last season, but potentially he could have done in this second season.

Utd aren't like Real Madrid with a whole team full of genuine world class talent. They had Rooney, RVP and Di Maria and now they are down to the struggling Rooney.

I am sure Utd ae going to spend the rest of the window trying to bring in some star quality up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.