United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no doubt additional costs, just like with all other transfers but i didn't pay enough attention/care enough to look for any reported figures. I'm just looking at it the same way we like to look at all of our transfer losses. In their accounts they'll have made a loss on sale of £3 million. Or as i say, 5% of the transfer fee. It hurts to say this but given how much of a flop he was, that's pretty good going. The thing to laugh at is them losing their best player.

So with all due respect, if you are admitting you know nothing/next to nothing about Di Maria's transfer, why the fook are you posting info about what their accounts will say?

So with all due respect, if you are admitting you know nothing/next to nothing about Di Maria's transfer, why the fook are you posting info about what their accounts will say?

Because, as i said, i was going off purely the transfer fee. Just like we do on here with every single one of our players that we sell. If Dzeko goes for the pitiful £14 million being touted you can guarantee somebody will come out with a line similar to "it's a good deal, we made a book profit on him" that conclusion will have been reached without any consideration whatsoever for any agent fees etc. Di Maria's on an astronomical wage, there's not many that could afford that alone nevermind a fee on top of it, as we've found out for ourselves when trying to offload players, he's not wanted at his club and he sure as hell doesn't want to be at there and he had a horrific season. It will show up on the accounts as a £3 million loss on sale of asset, other fees are dealt with elsewhere. All things considered they've done well to get that kind of money for him.

I heard that one as well! That is the best excuse I have ever heard. They actually believe that shit?

Their knowledge of basic economics is just below the level of a humble dog whelk. As their accounts are prepared and presented in Pounds Sterling, for the rags to have narrowed the loss the Pound would have had to have depreciated against the Euro not vice versa. Thick rag twats grasping at straws shocker.

It will show up on the accounts as a £3 million loss on sale of asset, other fees are dealt with elsewhere. All things considered they've done well to get that kind of money for him.

1) There you go again. How do you KNOW it will show as a £3m loss on their accounts? You've admitted you've not bothered looking at the transfer but you keep on repeating this £3m loss bollox. That's THREE times, at least in different posts you've mentioned the £3m loss. Turn it in.
2) As for the 'Pitiful £14m fee for Dzeko', Edin is fast approaching 30. He is a squad player at best with us and £14m, including his age is not 'pitiful' in the slightest if we can get that for him.

1) There you go again. How do you KNOW it will show as a £3m loss on their accounts? You've admitted you've not bothered looking at the transfer but you keep on repeating this £3m loss bollox. That's THREE times, at least in different posts you've mentioned the £3m loss. Turn it in.
2) As for the 'Pitiful £14m fee for Dzeko', Edin is fast approaching 30. He is a squad player at best with us and £14m, including his age is not 'pitiful' in the slightest if we can get that for him.

What? No, I admitted not looking into any additional costs besides the transfer fee. I KNOW because I'm capable of doing basic accounting calculations. The transfer fee was £59.7 million, I rounded it to £60 million, that fee is accurate and not something anybody has disputed. He signed on a 5 year deal for £60 million, they've wrote off £12 million this year as amortisation of players registration. They currently have £48 million unamortised on their books attributed to his transfer. They're getting £44.3 million, therefore they'll write off £3.7 million as a loss on disposal of player registration. That's now 4 times I've mentioned it, i can't say it any simpler.

As for the Dzeko bit, I take your point, it's a very valid point, but i believe it's still a low fee when compared to what that money can buy you elsewhere. Soldado who's 30 is reportedly being sold for £11million.

It's pretty easy to work out really.

Di Maria was bought for £59.7m (ignoring other costs like signing on bonuses, agents fees etc) on a 5 year deal. From an accounting perspective that's £59.7m spread out over the length of his 5 year contract, so a £11.94m cost per season. He's been at United for 1 season, so £11.94m of his cost has now been written off, meaning Di Maria's "cost" to United for the remaining 4 years will be £47.76m. If they sell him, tomorrow, for the reported £44.5m, that means, from an accounting perspective United will lose £47.76m this season (all his remaining "cost") but will add £44.5m (his sale value). £44.5m - £47.76m = -£3.26m. So, United will actually record a net loss of £3.26m on Di Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.