United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's one way of looking at it. However, if you take that tack then you'd have to say City lost £26m on the Milner transfer. We paid £26m for him, and he left for free. That's why the amortisation approach makes more sense.

If we had sold Jimmy for £15m 12 months after signing him from Villa, i'd say we took a hit....just like the rags have done....whichever way you try and dress the figures up.

4 times and you still don't understand. I went off the fee and the fee alone because that's the basis that has become the norm on here when talking about our own in's and out's. Nobody talks about additional fees for other players, mainly because it's generally very complex and we're not privy to that kind of knowledge for the majority of deals so i didn't mention it here for the sake of continuity. Any other fee's paid, be it to FIFA or anybody will obviously be shown on the balance sheet, but they'll be shown elsewhere, (a one off payment to FIFA would of been paid in full and accounted for in the year of purchase and wouldn't actually appear on this years accounts) and it's never been something mentioned when discussing any of our players so why take the rag-like approach and mention it here but not anywhere else just because it makes them look even worse? There's plenty to laugh at them about as it is without turning to their tactics.

Two things.
1) It was YOU who said you never looked or couldn't care/couldn't be bothered looking into the Tia Maria transfer.
2) I mentioned it because i have NEVER heard of a buying club having to pay FIFA money.
When you're in a hole, stop digging. Put your shovel away. ;-)

Two things.
1) It was YOU who said you never looked or couldn't care/couldn't be bothered looking into the Tia Maria transfer.
2) I mentioned it because i have NEVER heard of a buying club having to pay FIFA money.
I've never heard of teams paying fifa for a transfer, what was that for ?

£2m for Rafael doesn't seem like much. I think he's shit, but they normally do a lot better than that on their shite. He must have been on inflated wages, otherwise it's a tiny amount of money for a 25 year old with top level experience.

Two things.

1) No, I didn't! I said this the first time you quoted me, have a re-read, I said i never looked into any ADDITIONAL fee's. The transfer fee, the thing we've concentrated on for the past however many pages, is known to everybody to be £60 million no looking into needed.
2) Me neither, this is actually the first time i've heard of it in terms of Di Maria too. It seems very shady, but regardless, it's still going to be dealt with separately in the accounts.
I'll be sure to take your advice, just as soon as i'm actually in a hole. :)

Message to all you wannabe accountants...

They are cnuts, pure and simple.

Less of the wannabe please, I worked very hard, for about two whole days for my accounting and finance degree thankyou. But apart from that, it's a very good point, well made.

1) No, I didn't! I said this the first time you quoted me, have a re-read, I said i never looked into any ADDITIONAL fee's. The transfer fee, the thing we've concentrated on for the past however many pages, is known to everybody to be £60 million no looking into needed.
2) Me neither, this is actually the first time i've heard of it in terms of Di Maria too. It seems very shady, but regardless, it's still going to be dealt with separately in the accounts.
I'll be sure to take your advice, just as soon as i'm actually in a hole. :)

Less of the wannabe please, I worked very hard, for about two whole days for my accounting and finance degree thankyou. But apart from that, it's a very good point, well made.
No accounting for taste fella. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.