United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me, this sums up their plastic club perfectly. On red cafe a guy has started a thread called 'Do you like United as much' and this is his post:

Despite being far from a regular poster here and coming from Germany, this is a question I wanted to ask for a while now. My favourite club is Borussia Dortmund since my childhood, but I always had something for United since 2000 or so. I admired for the club for the likes of Scholes, Keane, Giggs, the Nevilles, RVN and having its very own way of handling things (despite spending a lot of money). Having (and keeping) so many talented and for me likeable players was simply fascinating for me.

But in the last few years I realized that my affection for United was dwindling and nowadays it's almost gone. I hardly visit this board today even though I like the atmosphere in here. Maybe it got something today with Dortmund not playing as badly as before, but I think it's more because of the development of the Premier League and United being a victim of it.

Every club is now available to spend lots of money on mediocre players and since United is United, they can spend even more. Since SAFs departure (probably even during his last years) I'm missing the identity of the club. There are hardly any talented homegrown players, every season there are about five or six huge transfers, so it's almost hard for me to keep track of all the new signings and when I hear of them I keep thinking for myself: "Probably shite and gone in two years."

Don't get me wrong: United is probably still the international club that I like most, but I miss the old times, when there were about one or two big signings per season with a manager like SAF who tried to strengthen his squad and not like Moyes or van Gaal rebuilding it every year.

Do you like United as much as you used to?

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-you-like-united-as-much-as-you-used-to.408275/

hahaha.... In fairness many are still saying yes they do whilst many are saying not since '99, fergie left and many are saying they are now (coincidentally) bored of football.

This is what alot of these gloryseeking plastics attached to many clubs don't understand - We'd be partying going to watch City no matter what fucking league or whatever.

Bayern Munich have told Manchester United that German World Cup-winning midfielder Thomas Muller is not for sale, after reports they had made a £60m bid for the 25-year-old. (Manchester Evening News)

United have suffered another blow as Southampton have ruled out selling Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 23. (Daily Star)

I guess there are still a few dozen players they have not bid for so far who still may join them. After all, they do pay the highest wages around and teams can make them pay over the odds now. They have turned into us at the start of our project. From Ramos to a new contract for Jones, from Di Maria to Pedro to new contract for Young and cancelling Jizz in Eyes loan to Sunderland.
Them season tickets wont sell one their own you know ;-)

The mard arses not happy that we have just signed Otamendi, my rag Son in Law sat in the corner with a face like thunder ''Smalling is better'' i'v just started flicking peanuts at him

The mard arses not happy that we have just signed Otamendi, my rag Son in Law sat in the corner with a face like thunder ''Smalling is better'' i'v just started flicking peanuts at him
Yeah they are saying that on rag cafe here is one gem.

LoublazeFull Member
Messages 7,486

I never wanted this guy, he's not worth over 20M IMO. Smalling is better for us than this guy.

To be fair against the last 3 mediocrity teams he has looked good, lets see him when they have played someone decent

They really are spoilt children. Smalling has improved and is a fairly decent defender now. You'd think Otamendi would be a good partner for him and, so, as the latter is 'no longer available', then look for a similar defender. Players choose clubs for many reasons now as they will get well paid wherever they go. So Pedro's wife wants to shop in London and Mrs De Gea think Manchester looks like the back of a fridge. I could say many things about Spain but I won't.

So instead of looking to the future in a logical and sensible way, they've thrown their collective toys out of the pram, from the board room to the 'international fan base'. All the match-going local Rags I know [family and friends] are embarrassed by this behaviour. When my old man heard that 'we didn't want him [RE Pedro]', he just laughed, and he's being going to OT since the 60s.

The point is that the club seem to be pandering to these non-Manc/Overseas fans who have wholly unrealistic expectations. The outcome is the current circus. I only spend my time stating this as I never want MCFC to go down that particularly idiotic road.

Yeah they are saying that on rag cafe here is one gem.

LoublazeFull Member
Messages 7,486

I never wanted this guy, he's not worth over 20M IMO. Smalling is better for us than this guy.

Perhaps what he means by 'smalling is better for us' that they know smalling is ok for a mid table team !

They really are spoilt children. Smalling has improved and is a fairly decent defender now. You'd think Otamendi would be a good partner for him and, so, as the latter is 'no longer available', then look for a similar defender. Players choose clubs for many reasons now as they will get well paid wherever they go. So Pedro's wife wants to shop in London and Mrs De Gea think Manchester looks like the back of a fridge. I could say many things about Spain but I won't.

So instead of looking to the future in a logical and sensible way, they've thrown their collective toys out of the pram, from the board room to the 'international fan base'. All the match-going local Rags I know [family and friends] are embarrassed by this behaviour. When my old man heard that 'we didn't want him [RE Pedro]', he just laughed, and he's being going to OT since the 60s.

The point is that the club seem to be pandering to these non-Manc/Overseas fans who have wholly unrealistic expectations. The outcome is the current circus. I only spend my time stating this as I never want MCFC to go down that particularly idiotic road.

Yep they dont want to tarnish the "brand"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.