United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the post about an 'aggressive pressing game' - with a picture of a goal kick! I fucking love this guy's logic.

High%20Press.png

This picture summed up most of this game for me. You could throw a net over all 20 outfield players. It was a lot like this in the Spurs game too. Both teams playing an aggressive pressing game, squeezing the life out of the match and leaving no space to play any football. That is the direction modern football has been going in for a long while now and we did need to replace Sir Alex with someone like van Gaal to modernise our football because as much as people dislike van Gaal, you can't possibly deny that this is a mile away from how we played under Sir Alex.

Whether that's a good thing or not is another debate entirely but to call him a fraud as some people have is just silly IMO. We're a very well coached team, far more so than we have been in a long time. There are a lot of other areas to management than coaching and of course Sir Alex far exceeded van Gaal in many areas but this is something that Sir Alex never could do. I expect we'll overperform in Europe because of that to the same degree that we underperformed under Sir Alex.

I don't expect to win a title under van Gaal but I won't see him as a failure if we don't. He's laying the foundations just as he did at other clubs and it's impossible not to see that in the way we play. The way we play is painfully structured and devoid of creativity and flair so I already look forward to another manager coming in and releasing the shackles, but that doesn't take away from the fact that playing and being coached in this way is improving some fundamental qualities in our team that needed to be addressed.

We played stone age football under Moyes partly because he's a traditional British manager but also partly because they were conditioned to play that way under Sir Alex. We shouldn't lose sight of that.
That phrase 'Sir Alex' has always gripped me. He should never have been knighted while still employed as a manager, that was simply wrong. The title brought some kind of deference towards him from the media, other managers and generally feeble bastards who became almost intimidated by it, and him. That cant be right when still involved in competitive sport, it almost unlevels the playing field. If they wanted to knight an angry bullying drunk, it should only have been done when he retired

I think it could be someone like cavani because if he has any kind of ego, he won't like playing second fiddle where he is. It'll be a huge undisclosed fee and AT LEAST 300 k a week.
If it's Austin, I'll collapse in fits.

We've set a new club record by winning our last ten PL games. In their last ten games their record is W3 D3 L4. That's 12 points in 10 games, which extrapolates to 46 points over a full season.

Top four? They'll be lucky to get top half at that rate.

Haha I like the big scalp term, does anyone remember how they celebrated the last derby like they won the world cup against little city who are a small club with no fans and no history and the fans we've got are from Stockport.
This City fans from Stockport thing here's a true little story, coming back to Manchester on the train the day after the semi final win at Wembley most of our carriage was Blues and there was a smattering of very disgruntled rags sat around but still giving out a bit of their arrogance especially 2 sat together pissed ''your all from Stocky'' shite was one of their pearlers
Train pulls in at Stockport and EVERY rag bar these 2 knobs gets up and starts getting their gear together to get off, the 2 knobs faces were priceless as only 3 Blues got off, they had the piss taken out of them for the short ..painfully long journey...into Piccadilly, they were still getting it off us as they quickly piled into a taxi outside, cunts

Him as a Sir is just another title he bought. Long standing donator to Labour. For him to have a "Sir" title is a mockery of it. Due to his bullying, bans and other antics there is no way he should have had one

We've set a new club record by winning our last ten PL games. In their last ten games their record is W3 D3 L4. That's 12 points in 10 games, which extrapolates to 46 points over a full season.

Top four? They'll be lucky to get top half at that rate.
And we've conceded four goals in those ten games, even though our defence is shite and Mangala is a donkey.

They are definitely signing some striker(s) today or tomorrow, that's guarantee. Sold ChichiMichi and apparently sending Januzaj on loan to Dortmund. It would be too insane even for Woodward and van Gaal to do that without replacement being lined up. How good replacement is yet to be soon but there is someone or more of them coming to Swamp.

Him as a Sir is just another title he bought. Long standing donator to Labour. For him to have a "Sir" title is a mockery of it. Due to his bullying, bans and other antics there is no way he should have had one

Agree 100% if i was ever unfortunate enough to meet him i would never call him sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.