United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, the glazers might have asked the turtle how much he needs to secure the title and do well in the cl. £300 million?
If it's looking like it isn't working (and it isn't) he may have been told to trim the wage bill. If their other businesses are suffering (as they appear to be) then it's even more essential that the rags produce some income.
I think giving him all that money was reckless and they've over estimated him.
As I've said before, he's going to be more damaging than gollum.

Wonder what they'll make of his diving in Germany
tumblr_mxhc4oXHNn1qaorn7o2_400.gif

Here is another classic:

Anirudh said:
Seemingly falling behind the elite' - was said in the context of when Moyes was here. I think, we are closer to the elite than before LVG joined (but further away from when SAF left). It depends on the reference point. Since you want a more detailed explanation, here goes:

1. We are closer to the elite if we are át least eligible to compete with them in the same competition. We were not even worthy of this comparison last season as we didn't play any of the 'elite' clubs. We were only elite in history and standing (as a club), but not as a team. Now we are in the Champs League (not Europa League btw), which allows for a comparison and games against those teams will show how far behind we actually are. While this is theoretical only, we have come closer to the 'elite'.

2. United always failed in Europe because of lack of tactical discipline in our play/ structural flexibility. Fergie would have won many more competitions if we were more disciplined. We now play a much more tactical form for football than ever before (even though I don't like it). That's 1 more problem addressed in the squad. The Moyes team (which is our reference point), didn't have tactical discipline which is even comparable to ours now. Again, closer to the elite in that sense.

3. Midfield - Yes, it looks more versatile on paper and not in games. We have 4 new signings in the first team, so it will take time for them to gel. But I don't think even a Barca or Bayern will overrun us in the midfield this season. Where we are behind is the strike force. If DDG stays (which looks very likely now), we will be short of 1 striker to have a complete squad. CB isn't as much a problem with Smalling's consistency over the last 6-8 months now.

here it is-
Moyes spends 70m
Moyes compensated 6 m
LVG spends 230m
LVG compensated 10m

total spent and a worse team pre David Moyes a cool £316 million pounds

and the wheels turn again and repeats, dont think uncle malcs kith and kin will be funding anything major in the near future

but the joke of it here is for them to get anything a team like ours they would have to cough up another 300 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.