United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always remember dropping my wife(ex now) off at liverpool airport,she was going away with her mum,the rags was playing Inter Milan that night.
I've got my head in the boot of the car,getting cases out and my lad(about 6 at the time) says "dad,dad,it's full of scum fans",I said "it's bound to be mate we are in Liverpool",he said "no,no not that scum,the rag scum",I looked up there was hundreds of them,flight just in from Ireland.
On another note,went to Dubai last August,season just started,rags were at home on the day of my flight,had to fly to Frankfurt about 8pm for a connecting flight.My flight was full of German rags,full kit wankers,the lot.
Sad, but true.

There's a video on YouTube,it's filmed from the rag end,it's of the 1-6....listen to their fans....they are all fuckin french.

Don't underestimate our raggetty neighbours.
They aren't trying to be a better team than City, Chels or Arse, instead they are looking to go back to their high-tempo, high-energy, get-it-forward-quick, percentage game that gives them points aplenty against fourteen or fifteen teams. They see points gained from the top three or four as a bonus and hope their erm, "style" will grind down lesser opponents. Can't see them dropping 9 points against the relegated trio for example.
And I don't think they're bothered about top three (though that might change if they lose the CL play-off round). Their coefficient means they'll probably get a decent group draw, and when Scudamore said "the PL needs a strong rag team for the good of the brand" Twatini could say the same for the CL given the armchair army the advertisers can see.
So that leaves the Dippers or Spuds to take fourth place from them, and if even half the stuff on the Sterling transfer page is true then most of us can't see Bodgers spending wisely, and Spuds never last the season.
Blue Dippers, Villa, anybody else. Arsenal used to nick fourth place, get an easy draw in the play-offs and a decent pot due to the dodgy seeding system. I think the rags are aiming for the same thing.

I'm really hoping that Schweinsteiger finds the pace of the Premier league too much. He could prove to be a good buy, albeit a short term one.
Their transfer strategy seems non existent and appears to consist of Andy Pipkin saying "I want that one". They're bound to get a few right, but even the good players they're bringing in are by no means guaranteed to succeed. Who would have thought Falcao and Di Maria would be such spectacular flops last season. The doughnut thief will be sorely missed, without him they would have struggled to make top 6 never mind just scraping 4th.
Our MD has just got back from the Munich office and reckons the Bayern M fans are pleased to have gotten rid of him. Apparently his performances last year were noticeably down to the point where they think he's already over the hill.

So what are the reasons argued here
"Seven-reasons-Raheem-Sterling-is-a-better-signing-than-Bastian-Schweinsteiger"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...tter-signing-than-Bastian-Schweinsteiger.html

? I've reached my limit for the month
1. He's younger
Yes, he may be cocky, annoying and disloyal. But Raheem Sterling is young, which is all that really matters in today's superficial world. He's probably never heard of MySpace and will barely even recognise Man City mascot Noel 'eyebrows' Gallagher when he arrives at the Etihad.

noel_3373733b.jpg

But as long as he gets his head down and works hard, Sterling has loads of time to become a City legend, and sell plenty of sky blue shirts in the process. Schweinsteiger, on the other hand, is almost 31. He's getting worryingly close to his sell-by date.

2. He's hungrier
Let's be clear - Bastian Schweinsteiger has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. He could retire a Bayern Munich and Germany legend tomorrow. He's already won the Bundesliga, the DFB-Pokal, the Champions League and even the World Cup. The German captain is only really going to Manchester United for a payday and maybe a bit of a laugh.

scwein-getty_3373734b.jpg

Sterling, on the other hand, will be sitting around like an angry prisoner, plotting all the perceived injustices he can avenge just as soon as he gets released. Every derisory tweet, every boo from the Kop and every snarky Steven Gerrard comment will be stewing in his brain like a demon, ready to be excised by the sweet, sweet tonic of goals and assists and suchlike.

3. He's more expensive
And more expensive things are always better.

torres-getty_3373735b.jpg

4. He's English
In the past, Manchester City have frittered away their incredible wealth 'gaming' the English player quota by buying moderately talented footballers and having them warm the bench for the entire season (read: Scott Sinclair). But Sterling is better than that.

City have clearly learned a valuable lesson: if you must have English players, they might as well be good ones. They're killing two birds with one stone in buying him, which makes the premium more than worth it.

5. The money really doesn't matter
OK, so money matters to normal people. Like you. Or me, or other normal people. I can't think of a singe thing I've ever owned that couldn't be bought for £49million. But this is the Premier League we're talking about.

City's owners have lots of things that are worth even more than £49 million, so they don't give a monkey's about splashing the cash on precocious young football players. And now FFP rules are going to be relaxed, they don't have to.

Raheem Sterling is set to earn £200,000 per week
His future earnings since you landed on this page:
£7.57

6. He's got the skills to pay the bills
Bastian Schweinsteiger is a wonderful footballer. He's consistent, hard-working, skilful - essentially, a top-quality midfielder. No one is denying that. But he's not a show-off - he never showboats, and is rarely the sort of player you see in vines on Twitter posted by accounts that have the word 'Futbol' and/or 'Bible' in their name.

futbol_3373732b.jpg

Sterling is an effervescent forward who will light up the pitch and wow fans with his lightning-quick footwork. Football is just entertainment, after all - and he certainly knows how to do that.

7. His name is far better suited to newspaper headlines
While the only real use for Schweinsteiger, in punning terms, is the highly offensive "Schwein", Sterling has a million different uses. "California Raheeming", "Sterling flops against Euro", "Ster Man", "Rising Ster", "Sterling the pot", "Ster crazy", "Thousand-yard Ster"... the list goes on.

Feel free to add your own fun Sterling puns in the comments section - it'll be hySTERical.

There you go. With pictures as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.