United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best I've seen them deal in the transfer window for some time now and it's been needed!

They've strengthened an area which Van Gaal seems to operate around, now if they can organise their defence out and bring in 1 or 2 strikers to replace Van Persie and Welbeck I think you could call them serious title challengers, having said that I'm not looking forward to playing them especially with that midfield they have now as I'd think it's fair to say physically they out match us there!

To be honest, I'm well annoyed with myself that I let my guard down sufficiently to allow someone with barely 100 posts to their name to blow my cover!

Mind you, entirely out of context and used properly, those couple of posts of yours can be used as evidence forever more. :-)

RE all these transfer ins an douts: how are they doing for squad numbers? Are they being forced in to making the sales?

Seems like a lot of turnover of players this summer and last and linked to various other ins. They still need at least 1 more striker and a centre back! How does all this fit into a squad of 17 + 5 ?

In fairness to LVG he sets an achievable goal and makes a difference. He came in and saw they weren't good enough so played to the lowest level feasible to get the win. Very pragmatic.

Now he is addressing the gaps with little pretence about age etc. he is addressing the immediate and will likely improve.

All good until there's a bust up, he leaves and trey are left with all the rebuilding to do again.

So credit to him but looking forward to the drama. ;-)

Sorry mate, I don't see it that way at all. I think TT was found wanting last season, and only for the decline of other teams did he manage to scrape over the line to get a CL qualifying position. After all the hype about him, he couldn't deliver and he will be hurting that his reputation has been tarnished.

I now feel he is buying for an instant, but short term success to try and establish some credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.