United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to LVG he sets an achievable goal and makes a difference. He came in and saw they weren't good enough so played to the lowest level feasible to get the win. Very pragmatic.

Now he is addressing the gaps with little pretence about age etc. he is addressing the immediate and will likely improve.

All good until there's a bust up, he leaves and trey are left with all the rebuilding to do again.

So credit to him but looking forward to the drama. ;-)

How on earth can he be given any credit? The man is a charlatan! He got the job based on his success of over a decade ago, had no idea what to do with the crumbling mess left for him and limped home in fourth place more by luck, (and friendly referees ) than tactics or philosophy.

How on earth can he be given any credit? The man is a charlatan! He got the job based on his success of over a decade ago, had no idea what to do with the crumbling mess left for him and limped home in fourth place more by luck, (and friendly referees ) than tactics or philosophy.
Van Fraud is a charlatan, & has always been a short term fix manager, he may well bore them to a trophy if he carries on spending enough. However the beauty of it all is that the dynasty built under GPC is over, it was creaking at the seams over his last 4 seasons, only by splurging the cash on Van Persie did they manage to turn the tide however briefly for 1 season. Unless they have a long term plan then they will be another Arsenal/Liverpool challenging & often failing with the occasional cup success. Long may it continue. LGHU

Agree with this. Just that he sets a low achievable bar rather than reaching for the stars and missing. That will mean progression in the short term but they have lots to do to get back to any type of domination. :-)

Otamendi will be a good signing for them. Not sure about Cavani though, overrated IMO

Agree about Otamendi, however, having seen Cavani against us for Napoli in both games, and some of his games since, I'll not write him off just yet, I think he could well be suited to the English game.

I really hoped we would sign him before he went to PSG, I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me haha!

Agree about Otamendi, however, having seen Cavani against us for Napoli in both games, and some of his games since, I'll not write him off just yet, I think he could well be suited to the English game.

I really hoped we would sign him before he went to PSG, I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me haha!
Cavani could be good if he's played as the central striker with Shrek just behind him but if Shrek wants to be the main man up front Cavani will be nowhere near as effective.

Is Otamendi really that good? He couldn't make the WC squad ahead of Demichelis or that fairly average CB Fernandez at Swansea.

Tin hat on - I think they've bought quite well so far this summer and their business looks to be far from over. The only thing I would say is that they seem to be more prepared to go for older players these days when their remit under Baconface appeared to be not to buy players over the age of 26 or 27.

Cavani could be good if he's played as the central striker with Shrek just behind him but if Shrek wants to be the main man up front Cavani will be nowhere near as effective.

Is Otamendi really that good? He couldn't make the WC squad ahead of Demichelis or that fairly average CB Fernandez at Swansea.

Isn't that the same coach that left Tevez out? If so, that tells you all you need to know bout his selection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.