United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract doesn't mean jack shit, just means they can integrate him back into the side and not have the circus of a player who is running down the last year of his deal.

He will still go, ask one Mr Delph signed a contract and was off the week after.

The rag hordes are lapping it up today but ask yourself, would you be happy with a player who refused to sign a contract travelled to Madrid in hope that the transfer would happen. When the deal fell through signed on the line for more money then gets played again?

Bale,ronaldo and suarez also signed new contracts the year before they left

Way back in the 60s they were well known for offering "incentives" to kids parents when they were recruiting. It's sheer hypocrisy that they're moaning now it's biting them on the arse.

Pretty sure their most decorated player was poached from our academy as well.

Good deal for Utd to get De Gea to sign a new contract in my opinion. He could make all the difference between them getting 4th rather than 5th this season. Having said that, conceding goals hasn't really been that much of a problem for them, it's scoring them where they're struggling, might be worth trying him up front?

As I understood it he'd been training with us but we dithered about getting him signed up and they jumped in.

I remember listening to GMR once and some bloke who was involved with City's youth team around that time explained the rags were fined £500 for poaching Mr Wilson.

There is absolutely fuck all chance that De Gea has signed any kind of new deal without it having caste iron clauses included that agree a price by which a club can buy him in the future, and Real Madrid, via De Gea's agent, will have been consulted on what this price should be set to. Simply put, if Real want De Gea next summer, which would seem likely, then De Gea will be off to Madrid next summer. All this deal does is guarantee United will receive a fee for De Gea, as opposed to losing him for free.
I still don't know why he'd bother signing though. For some players, I get it. You want to make sure your club gets something for you. But why would you do that for a club that clearly did everything possible to sabotage your move this summer? He'd be free to leave next summer anyway. And with a huge signing on fee to go with it.

Way back in the 60s they were well known for offering "incentives" to kids parents when they were recruiting. It's sheer hypocrisy that they're moaning now it's biting them on the arse.
Yeah, except that the incentives that we offer are things like a good education, rather than a new car for dad.

I still don't know why he'd bother signing though. For some players, I get it. You want to make sure your club gets something for you. But why would you do that for a club that clearly did everything possible to sabotage your move this summer? He'd be free to leave next summer anyway. And with a huge signing on fee to go with it.
He had to sign the new deal, otherwise they'd refuse to play him and he'd lose his place for Spain in the euros. Guarantee he'll be off to Madrid next summer though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.