United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at the stick, although there must be something in it - I wonder if it's the foreign players or the granny shagger. Ferguson would have been lauded as a genius if he'd kept de Gea from Real, then got him to sign a new contract - Christ, they would have Knighted him again!

People enjoy 'pretty' football because it's how the game should be played.
The long ball, playing to your strengths, is a tactic that you see in the lower divisions by teams who can't afford the top quality you see in the Premier League.
The fact that Utd have to resort to it after spunking nearly 300 million in a couple of years is just one more reason to laugh at them.

There's plenty of ways to play. There's no one way to play.

Spot on. Teams like the old Wimbledon side had a reason for playing route one football. It's the cheapest and most effective way of winning a game. Pretty it ain't, and no lover of football could be truly happy with their team playing that way. For a club like the rags, with the money at their disposal and the money they have spent building that team, it is inexcusable.

The rags playing long passes to Fellani is nothing like how Wimbledon used to play. And besides if it so shit why did we struggle with it last Season?

There's plenty of ways to play. There's no one way to play.
Yes, but the way your advocating is the worse possible way and results in fans not wanting to watch anymore.
You obviously like that tactic, I think it's awful and a disgrace after spending so much money.

You keep bringing up last season. Well I imagine if they tried the same this year they'll get dicked. If you haven't noticed, we're a different beast this season.

Yes, but the way your advocating is the worse possible way and results in fans not wanting to watch anymore.
You obviously like that tactic, I think it's awful and a disgrace after spending so much money.

You keep bringing up last season. Well I imagine if they tried the same this year they'll get dicked. If you haven't noticed, we're a different beast this season.

I didn't say I liked it. I'm calling it effective.

Besides it takes skill to play long balls and skill to control long passes.

To me you do what ever is effective in the situation and it's up to the other team to deal with it/stop it.

One of the best passes I've ever seen is Silvas "long ball" to Dzeko in the 6-1 at the swamp. Long passes can be beautiful as well.

The rags playing long passes to Fellani is nothing like how Wimbledon used to play. And besides if it so shit why did we struggle with it last Season?

Surely you're not defending the way they play? fucking hell. They're long ball merchants same as Wimbledon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.