United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I liked it. I'm calling it effective.

Besides it takes skill to play long balls and skill to control long passes.

To me you do what ever is effective in the situation and it's up to the other team to deal with it/stop it.

One of the best passes I've ever seen is Silvas "long ball" to Dzeko in the 6-1 at the swamp. Long passes can be beautiful as well.
But that wasn't a hoof to Dzeko's head, was it? It was a controlled pass that bisected two defenders for Dzeko to run on to and score.

Well dodged so I'll ask again. Would you be happy if we played like that?

It's a results business. If playing long passes gets wins I don't really care.

Long passes take skill to execute and skill to control. The best pass I've ever see was Spanish Dave's at the swamp to Dzeko. The accuracy and the weight of the pass was perfection.

You probably frowned upon it though as it was a pass of more than 8 yards.

It's a results business. If playing long passes gets wins I don't really care.

Long passes take skill to execute and skill to control. The best pass I've ever see was Spanish Dave's at the swamp to Dzeko. The accuracy and the weight of the pass was perfection.

You probably frowned upon it though as it was a pass of more than 8 yards.

That pass by Silva was sublime, completely split the rag defenders and was straight into the path of Dzeko. Absolutely no fucking comparison to the rags launching it up to Fellaini. I can't believe you've actually mentioned that pass as an argument for the long ball game. Fucking incredible.

That pass by Silva was sublime, completely split the rag defenders and was straight into the path of Dzeko. Absolutely no fucking comparison to the rags launching it up to Fellaini. I can't believe you've actually mentioned that pass as an argument for the long ball game. Fucking incredible.

Agreed - you can't mix up a measured 50 yard pass with the sort of hit and hope Hail Mary style the rags are playing up to A&E. One is hit direct to a man and can be controlled and used in an instant - the other is banged up with a " Go on fight for that mate " mentality.

A long pass is a long pass. Just to make the point that long passes also take skill and they are effective.

My question to you is if we played Barcelona in May in the champions league final and we played like Wimbledon and won would you be happy?

A long pass is a long pass. Just to make the point that long passes also take skill and they are effective.

My question to you is if we played Barcelona in May in the champions league final and we played like Wimbledon and won would you be happy?

I'd be happy to beat Barca any way possible. Big fucking difference playing like that for a one off against what is arguably the best team in the world. If we played liked that every week I'd be well pissed off.

Just looking at the Pool match. I'm not an expert but they haven't improved their defense. The German is quality but at full strength we'd geld them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.