United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all day long, Mendes has the Rags firmly in his back pocket, I really dangerous precedent to set and could have awful consequences, HA HA HA!!!

Let's hope Our Louis isn't bought off from saying his piece. Not an easy guy to gag, I'm sure, although his story can and will be undermined by unsympathetic reporting.

I suspect the Eva case will be harder to suppress when it comes up.

Wilf McGuiness' teams were legendary for their daring do.

"Derring-do is the standard spelling of the noun meaning daring deeds or heroic daring (used especially in reference to swashbuckling heroes).
The phrase originated in a late 14th-century Geoffrey Chaucer poem, and it has taken many forms over the years—including durring don (in Chaucer, literally meaning daring to do), dorryng do, derring doe, and derrynge do.
And given the term’s meaning and history, it is often understandably spelled daring-do. But as far as most English reference books are concerned, derring-do has been the correct spelling since Sir Walter Scott used it in Ivanhoe in 1819.
Spelling the term daring-do is not a serious error, but some readers might consider it wrong. In any case, derring-do is the most common spelling used in published writing."

The pundits seem to have conveniently overlooked that Mourinho has been on a downward spiral in recent years.

He was despised by all and sundry at Madrid and lost the plot completely at Chelsea (after we gifted them the league in 2015) where everybody but himself was to blame for their performances.

He relies a lot on psychology which, when he was starting out in management seemed to work, however he has now been sussed and football wise he is just not up to the task.

Lets face it the most arrogant Club in world football and the most arrogant manager are just made for each other.

Yes, this might not turn out as well for them as they think. He's clearly been a very good manager in the main but his shelf life is limited - if it can go tits up at his beloved Chelsea it can go tits up at United, and United fans need to realise that their global behemoth of a club isn't immune to a Mourinho Meltdown. I'm sure if he's given generous funds to improve the squad he's capable of having them up there challenging for the league but having to pretty much re-build a team is not something he's really done since his Porto days - since then he's tended to walk into clubs that have the players in place and just needed a manager to take them to the next level.

On the face of it the PEG is a clear upgrade on their last 2 managers and for that reason alone I expect a better showing from United in the league than we've seen in the past 3 seasons but I'm not overly worried as his nemesis is pitching up at our place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.