United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Derring-do is the standard spelling of the noun meaning daring deeds or heroic daring (used especially in reference to swashbuckling heroes).
The phrase originated in a late 14th-century Geoffrey Chaucer poem, and it has taken many forms over the years—including durring don (in Chaucer, literally meaning daring to do), dorryng do, derring doe, and derrynge do.
And given the term’s meaning and history, it is often understandably spelled daring-do. But as far as most English reference books are concerned, derring-do has been the correct spelling since Sir Walter Scott used it in Ivanhoe in 1819.
Spelling the term daring-do is not a serious error, but some readers might consider it wrong. In any case, derring-do is the most common spelling used in published writing."
Never knew that. Thanks pal. I like you.

Fact is..the rags didn't want Jose..they genuinely wanted Pocchetino

He's obviously snubbed them and they have no other option now
I was only posting a few days ago that I couldn't see the Glazers wanting someone like Mourinho for all sorts of reasons. I can only surmise that they've decided it's shit or bust.

Being out of the top four is hurting them financially and I'm not convinced they're awash with ready cash. They certainly won't be when Mourinho and Mendes get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.