United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only posting a few days ago that I couldn't see the Glazers wanting someone like Mourinho for all sorts of reasons. I can only surmise that they've decided it's shit or bust.
I'm sure you are right, PB. Putting all bias aside for a minute (and not a second longer!), anyone appointing Mourinho must have serious reservations about his conduct and how that reflects on the hiring club. They've made a conscious decision to gamble a part of the club's reputation against the chance of securing short term success.

So glad our owners don't take such a cynically pragmatic (or desperate) line.

LvG and his staff has been sacked by #MUFC .They will get a huge sacking amount. Full Story: http://bitly.com/1TEQU8x

ezgif-378645135.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure you are right, PB. Putting all bias aside for a minute (and not a second longer!), anyone appointing Mourinho must have serious reservations about his conduct and how that reflects on the hiring club. They've made a conscious decision to gamble a part of the club's reputation against the chance of securing short term success.

So glad our owners don't take such a cynically pragmatic (or desperate) line.

They don't have any reputation to live up to - that and the "United Way" are a complete myth as I'm sure you don't need me to remind you. They're no different and no more special than any other club in the world. They just happen to be bigger than most clubs and have more trophies than most, but they've been awash with classless cunts for as long as I've been alive and against that backdrop Mourinho is a perfect fit for that lot - a **** of a man going to a **** of a club. I hope he fucking destroys them.

They don't have any reputation to live up to - that and the "United Way" are a complete myth as I'm sure you don't need me to remind you. They're no different and no more special than any other club in the world. They just happen to be bigger than most clubs and have more trophies than most, but they've been awash with classless cunts for as long as I've been alive and against that backdrop Mourinho is a perfect fit for that lot - a **** of a man going to a **** of a club. I hope he fucking destroys them.
Maybe "brand" would have been a more appropriate word. Reputation implies hard-earned whereas brand implies something that's peddled.

Classless cnuts indeed, my friend.

Bugger.

I listened to ITK types on here and put 20 quid on him staying. Stupid me. First and last time I do that. :/

Yes, this might not turn out as well for them as they think. He's clearly been a very good manager in the main but his shelf life is limited - if it can go tits up at his beloved Chelsea it can go tits up at United, and United fans need to realise that their global behemoth of a club isn't immune to a Mourinho Meltdown. I'm sure if he's given generous funds to improve the squad he's capable of having them up there challenging for the league but having to pretty much re-build a team is not something he's really done since his Porto days - since then he's tended to walk into clubs that have the players in place and just needed a manager to take them to the next level.

On the face of it the PEG is a clear upgrade on their last 2 managers and for that reason alone I expect a better showing from United in the league than we've seen in the past 3 seasons but I'm not overly worried as his nemesis is pitching up at our place.

To be successful, he needs to get off to a good start. If he does the players will buy into his methods, the press will revert back to treating him like God, their fans will accept the 0-0 draws in away matches against title rivals.

Its how he will cope if they drop a few points early on that will be interesting.

Sacking your manager who won the FA Cup less than 48 hours earlier.

The United way.

What a classy club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.