United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the fans of the Busby Babes, the fans with "ethics" and "standards". And now they are embracing Mourinho. I'm sure they are all justifying the appointment to themselves, but they must be a bit doubtful. The Chosen One got a year, LVG two, but I doubt Mourinho will be get more than a year. He's got a difficult job. They've got rid of LVG thinking that this regimented manager is holding back their players, but the truth is they have the worst squad in our lifetime. Maybe LVG has part responsibility for that, but they aren't getting out of it in one year.

The dice is loaded against Mourinho and deep down they don't like him.

Having said that part of me thinks Dutch Tony is glad to get out of that cesspit. I mean taggart is like a bad smell hovering in the background and it didn't surprise me he got his bacon face in on the act getting a photo with the cup and van gaal. He still runs the roost at unsold Trafford in my eyes does taggart, once a control freak always a control freak and it's obvious he can't let go. Mourinho will be his little woman for however long he lasts there.

I don't believe this. I think he is well and truly gone from having any real influence, and he doesn't want to, because every morsel of suffering they've gone through since his departure only cements (in his mind) how great he was. I know this is perverse -- but that's how autocratic megalomaniacs think. I've always thought Utd was always merely the instrument of his own self-aggrandizement, because the ownership group was stupid and nut-less enough to give him free reign after a period of success. Trouble is, autocratic megalomaniacs don't plan for succession because they don't care about it. The organization is a means to an end. The "United way" was always a sham -- it was Ferguson's way or the highway, and he's gone, so they've only the highway -- and they've been run over by better run clubs while they founder about. It's fucking delicious.

There's just as many potential upsides to this as there are downsides, possibly more. It could quite possibly end up with a Scarface-style denouement sometime around mid-March.

Personally I think February could be the month he is sacked or possibly sectioned.

Giggs will probably leave this Summer and Nicky Butt will be the saviour who leads them back into the top half of the table and secures the final Europa League spot on the last day of the season.

If The Pony One takes over at the swamp, does anyone understand what vision that lot have on football? Turtle needed to build. Giggy to take over. It failed but it was vision. Kind of. Now you bring in Jose and you know what you gonna get. And that is completely different to what was planned at first. They simply don't know. I'd love to see where City and them stand in 3 years time ...
In three years you will, just wait.

These are the fans of the Busby Babes, the fans with "ethics" and "standards". And now they are embracing Mourinho. I'm sure they are all justifying the appointment to themselves, but they must be a bit doubtful. The Chosen One got a year, LVG two, but I doubt Mourinho will be get more than a year. He's got a difficult job. They've got rid of LVG thinking that this regimented manager is holding back their players, but the truth is they have the worst squad in our lifetime. Maybe LVG has part responsibility for that, but they aren't getting out of it in one year.

Not in my lifetime!

The squad that was relegated in '74 was worse than this one.

Not often I agree with you Marvin, but you have that nailed. They're in a mess, he might short term, improve things (I'm not convinced he will), but longer term the damage will be worse, and might take years to repair.

Can't wait.

SSN outside OT doing their best to paint a picture of sacking harmony.

United's PR and media team working overtime Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.