United thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The annoying thing about the eye gouger joing them is he's the sort of cnut that always tried to influence officials, and now his wishes will be granted tenfold. I'm afraid it's a match made in diarrhea for a shit club with shit fans and a shit-stabbing media, and will bring brief success.

I'll just carry on not watching them and wish you all the best.

Really happy Manure got Mourinho, arrogant coach for arrogant club = great match! they will both make magnificent fools of themselves next season

Edited slightly.

Sick of all this "It's not The Manchester United WayTM" bollox when referring to how they always play. It was the Govan Piss Can's Way of playing. Their subsequent managerial appointments of The Moyesiah, The Tactical Turtle and now The PEG, none of whom have ever been associated with that 'way" being evidence that the Club doesn't have any actual grasp of the concept. Maybe because it's just bollox.

Every club, especially its fans aspire to free flowing attacking football. But if pragmatism wins you stuff then suddenly that's all forgotten about. But some clubs fans cling on to the myth that it was them alone who invented such a thing and it's only their clubs that insist on their teams playing in that nebulous way. Maybe it's true of some fans of all clubs but for sure at the rags and certainly the red scouse it's become an illness.

The United Way really is more about hyperbole and hysteria. This has certainly been a trait dating back to at least the 50s because my dad, who was one who used to go watch both when they were squatting at Maine Road, said that there was always more a sense of hysteria during the rag home games that he really didn't like, or buy into, but which was obviously attractive to some of the weaker minded City fans of the time who deserted us for them and swelled their fanbase of even more "glory" hunters. (They use that word a lot, "Glory", but I don't think I've really ever heard a City fan use it...?) The events of Feb 6th 1958 only served to help the myth and legend grow in the minds of them all. It wasn't just a tragedy, it was a huge opportunity and they took it whilst simultaneously adopting The Devil as their emblem. Delightful.

"The Theatre of Dreams"??? What's wrong with "Old Trafford"?

"He doesn't play the manchester united way" What's wrong with just saying that he hasn't brought the success that we wanted (champions league football) and we think the next guy will give us a better chance? That's basically what most other clubs say. They don't feel the need to talk about a singular tradition and style... But this lot do.

Hyperbole and hysteria. That's The United Way.
If you look at the actual stats - the raggy scum (not including last weeks horror) had won a combined total of 31 league titles/FA cups since 1908.
13 of these were won in a 78 year period (one every 6 years) and the other 18 were won in a 26 year period (one every 1.875 years)
Can you spot the difference?
Yep , the latter wins were under the old pisscan
That is the myth and legend of 'the United way' - it was the Ferguson way, and that way will never return.
It amuses me to hear the roll call of sycophants in the media talking about United being all about winning trophies, when it is patently obvious where the facts lie - and it makes this appointment even funnier as they probably couldn't have chosen anyone less like the pisscan, or indeed anyone less liked by the old drunk.

Just as a matter of interest ... do the rags employ any female physios, coaches or other frontline staff that Mourinho can get sued by ? Perhaps a tea lady from the players canteen ?

If you look at it from that perspective, the future looks even brighter: every club Mourinho left, he left behind in disarray. If you keep in mind he never stays anywhere longer than 3 seasons, you can be certain that City has the future. Man U may have the money for now, but they seem willing to spend it asap, without much planning going into it. That won't last...
Has he?
I don't like Mourinho but Chelsea won more titles after he left including the Champions League. Ancelotti won the Champions league with Real straight after he left.
He might be a prize twat and the end of his rein there is often discord, but the teams he leaves behind are certainly not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.