United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but that's not easy brought about. It's as if there are two orders of competitiveness going on simultaneously. Firstly the rules of football association competition, eleven a side, no hands, offside etc. then unfortumately the secomd level which are the laws of capital and financial competitiveness,principles of free market, investment and reward etc.
One level of competition, investment capital makes the other, the footy comp. grossly unfair but it's hard to see that changing any day soon. As Thatcher used to say 'there is no alternative':(

787.png

Credit where credit is due. I'd like to say congratulations to them for signing the third best Belgian in Lancashire for the highest fee ever paid on a player since they bought their own academy player back last year.
Fuck you I'm not having Denayer dissed like that.

He's a nightmare really, a car crash waiting to happen but hopefully the United job will bring him (at least in his head) the recognition and respect he thinks he deserves but he's been an improvement already, well trophy wise, if not neccessarily in points and he could turn our fortunes around. Youre never 100% with football (we weren't even in Ferguson's best years)but that's the beauty of it. You guys are the favourites these days but Guardiola needs your lot( the scariest attack in the league) to gel and get that consistency happening.
An improvement? 2 trophies that no one really cares about, you were in Europa league because you failed for the big boys league, do you think Bayern, Barca or real madrid would be happy with Europa? Biggest club in the world my arse

I think he's the saddest thing to happen to united for many, many years - epitomising as he does the ultimate in "win at all costs" thinking.

However, it's naturally heart-warming for City fans to know that you have such a toxic twat in charge.

It's a relief that you didn't get Pochettino!
I was hoping we'd get Pep but it wasn't to be.
. You've got to admire the business acumen and forward planning and ambition of City. So quick off the mark regarding academy, management and womens team promotion too.
You've made United have to up their game all round. Sitting on our laurels for too long under Fergie and didn't see the need to change with the times.

I agree but that's not easy brought about. It's as if there are two orders of competitiveness going on simultaneously. Firstly the rules of football association competition, eleven a side, no hands, offside etc. then unfortumately the secomd level which are the laws of capital and financial competitiveness,principles of free market, investment and reward etc.
One level of competition, investment capital makes the other, the footy comp. grossly unfair but it's hard to see that changing any day soon. As Thatcher used to say 'there is no alternative':(

I think Preston was referring to the terrible inequality in decisions our respective teams receive from supposedly unbiased officials, rather than the financial clout we both hold over many of the other Premier League teams.

An improvement? 2 trophies that no one really cares about, you were in Europa league because you failed for the big boys league, do you think Bayern, Barca or real madrid would be happy with Europa? Biggest club in the world my arse
No doubt about it Champions league qualification and two trophies is certainly an improvement success wise. No arguing with that. Premier league clubs look down on the Europa but that was United's level and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I think Preston was referring to the terrible inequality in decisions our respective teams receive from supposedly unbiased officials, rather than the financial clout we both hold over many of the other Premier League teams.
Oh sorry maybe I misunderstood him then.
Do you really think City are treated unfairly by officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.