United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez “i’ve come to u****d to win everything, they’re the biggest club in england” hasn’t took him long has it?!! & fuckin good luck with the 1st part you deluded ****

Apparently that Jose who works for El Chiringuito TV has said that Real are pushing v hard for De Gea. If he goes they’ll struggle to find anyone near his level.

I've been working on this for a while now. Bear with me now. The trick is - either don't put the ball down his throat - or - give the thief a chance to pull off a Hollywood save like we did as kids.

Hope Shelvey is playing. And not for his talent.
tumblr_ochtisYZ0r1ut1d6co1_500.gif

Sanchez “i’ve come to u****d to win everything, they’re the biggest club in england” hasn’t took him long has it?!! & fuckin good luck with the 1st part you deluded ****

Di Maria, Falcao, Schwiensteiger, Memphis meat pie, Micky Terrapin, they all spouted that shite in the beginning, where are they all now?

The loss was generated by re-valuation of MANU's deferred tax asset (DTA), something any company that pays tax in the US is going through now due to the change in the corporate tax rate from 36% to 21%. The DTA is basically an excess payment of of tax that will ultimately be returned, like a tax shield. It's worth more when tax rates are high and worth less when tax rates are low. When tax rates are suddenly lowered, the value of the DTA is remeasured, and companies have to write down its calculated value and take a non-cash charge to earnings. That's what happened to MANU -- the charge was large enough to wipe away the earnings and create a loss for the quarter. In income before the charge terms, profit before tax was down slightly vs. last year's quarter.

So it's a loss, but a one-time loss, and a non-cash, non-operating one, and all other companies with US ops are also taking the same revaluation, so it's no big deal.

All of this is boring and none of this changes the fact that they continue to be scum. In fact, the scum before tax margin was up 3,549,097% this quarter.

Why would US corporation tax impact a company which isn’t based in the US?? Never worked in finance, so serious question.

Isn’t it because although the holdings company is Cayman Islands based the Glazers themselves are actually US citizens and their other businesses pay taxes in their domiciled residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.