United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...updates-relationship-heart-mind-a8212276.html

Interesting update

It is highly conspicuous that information was leaked from both camps on Wednesday night, and that’s a development that will only make things more complicated. Media known to be close to the Jorge Mendes camp suggested that Pogba had been put out by the signing of Alexis Sanchez, wanted a different position and that “ego lies at the core of the complaint”. L’Equipe meanwhile reported that the star has “regrets” about returning to Old Trafford. Both leaks suggest that the battle for hearts and minds has now begun.

Information received by The Independent after that loss at Spurs indicated that Pogba was genuinely unhappy and – in the heat of the moment at least – wouldn’t have objected to a transfer away. He was that put out. He still remains unhappy at his role in the team. That’s obvious.

Mendes? Envy between him and Pogba's agent Raiola?

The Spurs match was the one where Mourinho gave him a touchline dressing down, wasn't it?

Not having ago at you personally, but dont make me piss. Comparing Yaya to haircut 100. Yaya has been 10 times the player for us than raghies can ever hope that hewillbe for them.

I wasn't comparing what they have done (or didn't intend to). I was more thinking of why I think Pogba can't play in the Toure style.

Even if Pogba learns to control the ball other than for fancy flicks and turns, I just don't think he moves right to run a midfield. He's a 20 yard burst runner not a 5 yard glide. At the moment (at least) he has no authority either, but is just sulky.

To give Pogba his favourite position and still have ambitions, ManU will need to sign two CM powerhouses and two ball playing high calibre CBs. Given current market rates they will have to leverage the whole damn club all over again. Debt repackaging and getting around FFP. Sanchez salary will come to bite them in the....no wonder they are already briefing friendly media that it's half of what they are actually paying.

Until then, (perhaps even then) the ROI on Pogba will be mediocre as this is a guy meant to garnish a team's performance on the pitch. He will never be the fulcrum, which is what ManU thought they were getting when they parted with world record fee for him. They expected him to drive the midfield forward. They expected him to be decisive like KDB. But he hasn't got KDB's football brain. The amount of time it takes Pogba to release the ball one can read the entire War and Peace novel. By which time KDB will have already made several key passes.

Pogba is 25yo next month but seemingly does not yet know what type of player he is.

It beggars belief that they have no right wing, and Sanchez' arrival has caused one of their best players - Martial - to be moved from his own best position.

It's not joined-up thinking!

The funny thing is, this is the problem most of us saw coming the second they signed Pogba. Go back to when it happened and you'll us saying "but how does he fit in a Mourinho team?" Somehow it was obvious to everyone except United that he didn't fit into a Mourinho system, yet they somehow thought they could just shoehorn him in there and he'd magically just become Michael Essien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.