United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great attacking team my arse. It's only because other teams had fuck all to spend and taggart could waste millions on veron who was a great footballer but didn't fit in with taggart's get it wide to beckham's mantra and punting it in.

Although spawned many a dinosaur in his own likeness Bruce, Robson, McClaren, Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, Fergie junior et al
He spawned no-one successful as his success was not based on a footballing philosophy, more a culture of single mindedness, bullying and coercion

I agree. He spawned no one successful because iron-fisted autocrats aren’t interested in what came before nor after them. It’s one reason they accomplish radical change at the outset of their tenures so successfully, once they have — as he put it himself — “complete control.” Their legacy is what THEY accomplish under THEIR watch. Spawning protégés — or any success without themselves at the helm of their own or other organizations — is never a focus.

I know it's old news, but still funny:

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has deleted his Instagram account over abuse he has received following the Red Devils' FA Cup final loss. (Sun)

Agreed. The rags haven't had a great attacking team for 10 years. Their last title-winning team under Ferguson was one of the most boring champions in PL history.

Once they sold Ronaldo all the attaching instincts went out of the window and they became much more pragmatic, the ‘Yoonitey way’ Like much associated with that rancid club is a myth.

Although spawned many a dinosaur in his own likeness Bruce, Robson, McClaren, Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, Fergie junior et al
He spawned no-one successful as his success was not based on a footballing philosophy, more a culture of single mindedness, bullying and coercion

And the money. Never forget the money.

Ddk1AYyW4AAQuYw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.