United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't alderweireld 3rd or 4th choice centre back at spuds?
Just saying like.
Only after he did a Walker / Rose and made it clear he wanted to leave.

He's their best defender in my opinion but yet another example of Mourinho buying players at the end of their career. He'll be 30 this season.

I don't think defending is an issue for Utd so quite happy to see them buy yet another central defender. If they buy Alderweireld this will be their 3rd central defensive signing in 3 seasons. What does that say about their planning and success of their recent buys

Only after he did a Walker / Rose and made it clear he wanted to leave.

He's their best defender in my opinion but yet another example of Mourinho buying players at the end of their career. He'll be 30 this season.

I don't think defending is an issue for Utd so quite happy to see them buy yet another central defender. If they buy Alderweireld this will be their 3rd central defensive signing in 3 seasons. What does that say about their planning and success of their recent buys

Exactly the type of signing I like to see them make, expensive, almost 30, probably high wages that will be difficult to move on in a couple of years.

A great defender but not really needed. Also is just coming back from serious injury.

Signed Bailey for £30m and Lindelof for £35m yet still start Jones and Smalling.

Should of spent of bought a top right back or left back or both and not another central defender. Young and Valencia are in their mid thirties.

United’s Board are clearly intimidated by PEG. They were allegedly bullied into the Sanchez deal against their better judgement - quite how anyone could see that deal as good business is beyond me. Now they are letting PEG buy up 29 and 30 year olds - with no sell on value at inflated prices. They really are making some bad decisions and no amount of income or wealth will protect the Rags in the longer term from the effects of their appalling decision making.

Another 29/30 year old they’re buying - with recent injury problems too. No doubt though he is a top player, but they have not addressed their main weaknesses for me which is FB’s.

He’s always dreamt of playing for the rags. It was his favourite club as a schoolboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.