United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limelights were used in the theatre. Pass a flame over calcium oxide (quicklime) and you get an intense light. Hence being in the limelight.
Apparently they had an annoying habit of catching fire as the flame was rather intense and a lot of theatres burned down.
Sorry if that comes across as preachy but I think it is an interesting fact.

I agree sir ! Thanks for sharing !

Today I is better edumacated :-) ....

D7gHFeKWsAAUxzh.jpg

Thunderbirds are go!

Or should that be thunder****s?

I know a couple of people on the rag matchday team staff. He wan't someone who was long touted as a terrific prospect. He was expected to become a journeyman player - a Tom Cleverly if you will. However the stars seem to align with his physical growth spurt and his inclusion by LVG as there was literally no other striker. He scored some goals, got his obligatory England cap as he's a rag and bumper pay rise. Now he's reverted to mean. He's a poor man's Paul Moulden
Excellent comparison, had he been developed properly not over played, too young then he may have no picked up all the bad habits he now has. Premier League striker yes, top 4 player, a fading prospect, now under a clueless coach.

Excellent comparison, had he been developed properly not over played, too young then he may have no picked up all the bad habits he now has. Premier League striker yes, top 4 player, a fading prospect, now under a clueless coach.

And that’s why Pep has been careful with how much game time Foden has had this season.

All being well, we will be seeing a lot more of him in 19/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.