United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Devils was something else they nicked; in this case from Salford City RLFC.

Apparently, the former City player thought it had a nice ring to it.
I saw a car in Eccles once with a big rear window sticker saying something like 'follow me to the REAL red devils, follow me to Salford RLFC'. I thought the average rag would just not understand that.

No others, Boro has been my only semi final, so i don't want United to fuck it up for me, i want 4 goals minimum
Boro were a tough team defensively in those days so 2 goals looked a bit of a stretch. At hat point, only QPR had conceded fewer goals and the top 4 had all conceded more. In my dad's car on the way to the game we had the radio on and it must have been a local radio station. They had a pre-match phone-in for people to predict the score and I always remember a kid coming on saying "We're going to win 4-0". We all laughed and said "He's a bit optimistic". He wasn't.

Nope just didn't get to it, suffered in my local
I'd started working down in London in summer 2009 and eventually a handful of blues got together to watch games and we found a pub in central London which was happy to accomodate us. We'd maybe get 30 for games at best but I turned up that night and could barely get in the door there were so many, the vast majority Blues, there.

Boro were a tough team defensively in those days so 2 goals looked a bit of a stretch. At hat point, only QPR had conceded fewer goals and the top 4 had all conceded more. In my dad's car on the way to the game we had the radio on and it must have been a local radio station. They had a pre-match phone-in for people to predict the score and I always remember a kid coming on saying "We're going to win 4-0". We all laughed and said "He's a bit optimistic". He wasn't.
We had loads of injuries as well for the second leg, funnily enough we lost to them twice away 0-1 league and cup in the space of 3/4 days & beat them twice at home 4-0.

We'd just had a new teacher started at school a few weeks before Xmas from Bro', he was stood a bit behind me on the Kippax but when i brought it up in class he did the 'it wasn't me' line.

What’s taking them so long to buy Fernandes? They’ve wanted him for over 12 months, I’d have thought it would have been sorted at the start of the window

We had loads of injuries as well for the second leg, funnily enough we lost to them twice away 0-1 league and cup in the space of 3/4 days & beat them twice at home 4-0.

We'd just had a new teacher started at school a few weeks before Xmas from Bro', he was stood a bit behind me on the Kippax but when i brought it up in class he did the 'it wasn't me' line.
I went with 4 mates from school, the Kippax that night was one of the best crowds i've ever been part of, it was bouncing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.