United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is true , but i am sure i read an article somewhere regarding their sponsorship deals and a few of them including Adidas and Chevrolet have a 25% reduction in their payments if the Rags do not qualify for the Champs league for two consecutive seasons. It probably will not cause a massive issue for Woody , because they are the cash cow of world football but every little bit helps :)

Depends I suppose on how long the Glazers can be spoon fed their share of the Woodward generated profits.
Perhaps they can manage to retain their profitability like US based teams in other sports, if not then Glazers will be forced to act. Maybe sell, maybe not, however one thing seems certain and that is they will continue to bleed the profits and increase the debt.
Seems to me EW retains control of transfers simply because maximum money is transferred there and his deals using United cash via suspect agents may help his personal financial future (shared of course with his Glazer employers).
What other reason would he have for deciding player values?

I’m really glad they’ve not just gone and hired and DOF who is actually you know from a football background! Keep it up Ed.

Not sure if this is true , but i am sure i read an article somewhere regarding their sponsorship deals and a few of them including Adidas and Chevrolet have a 25% reduction in their payments if the Rags do not qualify for the Champs league for two consecutive seasons. It probably will not cause a massive issue for Woody , because they are the cash cow of world football but every little bit helps :)
That's right. Not quite sure what the exact figures are but they will lose money next season if they don't get top 4. Last season they reported £630m but are estimating £560-580m for this one. If they lose that sponsorship revenue they could be down to something like £525m the following season. If they miss out on Europe altogether, that could well be under £500m next season. That's a loss of nearly £150m cash over two seasons and they'll have to cut costs. High earners sold (if anyone will take them), replaced by cheaper players, staff redundancies, etc. Their fall could be quite rapid from there.

That's right. Not quite sure what the exact figures are but they will lose money next season if they don't get top 4. Last season they reported £630m but are estimating £560-580m for this one. If they lose that sponsorship revenue they could be down to something like £525m the following season. If they miss out on Europe altogether, that could well be under £500m next season. That's a loss of nearly £150m cash over two seasons and they'll have to cut costs. High earners sold (if anyone will take them), replaced by cheaper players, staff redundancies, etc. Their fall could be quite rapid from there.

The richest mid table club in the world :)

Let’s hope so. Ultimately the “product” is good football and they have managed to blur things for several years now.

Solskjaer: “We’re doing great, I’ve said it so many times.”

He’s absolutely hilarious, I love it. 42 points from 33 games, and they’re doing great! Growing up in the 90s you could never imagine days like these.

Haha did he actually say that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.