United thread 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Ric, 8 Jun 2019.

1. domalino

domalino

Nah. I cant disagree more.

He is an awful manager. No one has ever succeeded by building on the base of a bad manager. It effects everything, because you get bad performances from good players. Look at Lukaku ripping it up in Italy or Chris Smalling who has been better than any current United centre back - these are players who would have helped united a lot this season, but Solskjaer will keep turning these good players into poor performers, selling them cheap and replacing them for a massive cost.

And then because of the negative atmosphere st the club the good players they buy for huge fees end up turning bad.

If Pochettino/Klopp/ Pep another top manager took over tomorrow they would finish 4th with no transfers.

You say they had top managers and they didnt do well... that's not really true. Even long past their best, Mourinho finished 2nd, won the Europa and league Cup and LVG won the FA Cup and got them CL football.

Ole will take them to 8th-12th this season, hell get fired and whoever replaces him will be better.

Colin Bells Boots likes this.
  2. NZBlue

NZBlue

They may be better but will they actually do better in the toxic wasteland?

3. domalino

domalino

It's all relative isn't it? They are 3 or 4 years away from getting near us or Liverpool at the top of the European game under good management, but I think they'll finish 10th this season and whoever comes in will do better than that. They will probably play better football (ie. they will have a style of play) and individual players will probably start to show signs of improving.

I think Ole will be a great palate cleanser for the fans and they'll start feeling more positive about a 4th or 5th placed finish then they were when LVG got them, so in that way it'll be successful.

For me, one of the most amazing things about United's last 4 or 5 years is that they've never been far away from fixing it all. They have the money, FFP is written so they can spend considerably more than anyone else could in a window, and there are world class managers coming on the market all the time who'd love to manage them.

That's why it's so satisfying seeing them not reach for the solution, but instead come up with new ways of stepping towards the precipice, the point where they can't come back in 1 or 2 good years, but need 5 or more.

1.618034 and Ric like this.
  4. Murph

Murph

I wonder what pogba's value will be when he leaves this Summer. Honestly think they will be in a sell to buy scenario if they don't get European football (which they won't). No chance they get anywhere near the often quoted £150M, that's for sure.

5. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Don’t know if it’s a joke or not, but they’re meant to be after the former Watford player Ighalo. They’re sinking faster than I thought.

6. goatersnipple

goatersnipple

Team supported:
    Don't be daft
    If he turns good players into bad players.
    What the fuck will happen the phil jones

7. dobingsdobber

dobingsdobber

"where d'ya live Bill,top floor of a high rise in Crewe is it? Smashing,you've won a speed boat"

8. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Kent. on this forum we prefer original posts, you have clearly cut and pasted that from Rag Caf.

KentBlue likes this.
  9. manimanc

manimanc

crazyg likes this.
  10. Ric

Ric

Just seen stuff on Twitter that United fans are planning a walk out in the 58th minute of their game against Wolves. If that’s true then my head has gone. You couldn’t write this shit.

mexico1970 likes this.