United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they’ve ever spent 2 consecutive seasons out of the CL so if they get knocked out this season and don’t finish top 4, that’ll likely hit them in the pocket in a number of ways. They’ve got a big wage bill so they’d either have to carry on paying that with less income or cut it down a fair bit, which means getting rid of higher paid players. As these are generally the better ones, that could see them slip down the table. If they were to miss out on Europe altogether they could really struggle. Any decent players leave, they lose ticket money, tv and presumably commercial income. They might even hit a point where they’re struggling to pay the interest on their debt and the money they pay the Glazers. We had to sell SWP when we were in that position & that could happen to them. So they slip further down the league and the Glazers try to sell but no one wants the train wreck they’ve created. Eventually they end up like Bolton.

We can dream.
What could really hurt them is the state of the ground.

I suspect though if they refurbished which will have to happen at some time they'll sell the naming rights to off-set some of it.

As I posted a few years ago once the swamp becomes 'Insert company name that I'll never buy from again' old trafford we'll know they're in proper shit as the family silver safety net will be gone.

In order to shed these top earners, those players would probably have to take a pay cut as other teams aren’t stupid enough to pay the salaries that the rags do. Which players, in their right mind, would voluntarily reduce their wages?

Either that or the rags will have to subsidise the pay of these players to offload them, as has been rumoured is the situation with the mercenary.

Also, the players they want to retain are holding them to ransom with their wage demands in their contract negotiations, as seems to be the case with the alpaca and consequently rags are receiving salaries far beyond what their ability justifies. £195k/week for Rashford is absurd.

Paying the pianist as much as they do, in order to, as they thought at the time, get one over on Manchester City, is going to prove a very expensive mistake in the course of the next few years.
You've hit the nail right on the head.

I find it infuriating that the broadcasting media and football pundits won't call them out for this.
Gary Neville was genuinely baffled as to why Manchester City were not going back to Arsenal to offer a better deal for Sanchez.

Well Gary it might have something to do with a little thing called 'team harmony' or from a more pragmatic approach not being shafted.

The rags have become desperate and have the same scatter gun approach to recruitment as we did at the very start of the project. The difference between the clubs (is actually light years) however, at the start of our project we had a clear vision of what we wanted to achieve. When Sheikh Mansour took over in 2008 his vision was to own the best football team on the planet and therefore by default would naturally become the best team in England and Europe. We're not too far away from that.

The rags however, have a slightly different vision they'd like to see themselves as the most lucrative football club on the planet and by default they're stuck with a bunch of mercenaries who are bleeding the club dry and a wage bill that should invoke it's own investigative department within financial fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.