United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a very reliable source that the biggest scandal during Ferguson's time at United was on the non-football procurement side. There were and still are a hell of a lot of big contracts attached to providing various services to the organisation. It is not just about transfers and agents fees.
Doesn't surprise me in the least

There is a DeGea thread over on Redcafe where it is claimes he is about to sign a £117 million 6 year deal, it's funny to see how they have all now well and truly turned on him.

The reality has finally hit them that he is nothing more than a good shot stopper but the role of a goal keeper has changed has now passed him by.
Intresting...might hv to have a look at rc

It's not that I don't hope you're right, and yes, it would take them years to get their whole organisation sorted (or even just most of it) but I don't think they need to replicate ourselves or Ajax in the short-term. What they need right now is somebody to make sensible, well planned decisions on the playing side and I think van der Sar can probably do that. If they go into next summer with a good plan they have the finances to turn things around (and unfortunately Ole won't be part of that plan) but if they go into it badly prepared they're likely to compound the mess and mire themselves in the hole they've dug. This is a big year - maybe not to the extent of make or break, but certainly fix or damage.
Do/will they have the big money available?
If they miss out on CL football again that's around £80m in TV and qualifying revenue they're missing, plus £40m or so they lose from the Adidas deal
The rags are already streamlining wages and the Glazer family aren't going to give up their bonus'

Looking at how much it's just cost for a right back and centre half, its going to take another £500m and I don't believe they have anything like the funds available or the pulling power to attract top quality players

I remember that.
Reading your post made me think: Did he kick the boot at him and it accidentally flew up and hit him in the head or, did he throw it at his head..

At the time I heard that the cut was actually the result of a fight between Beckham and Giggs and was something to do with Beckham's sister. The story involving the GPC was simply concocted to avoid media interest in the knowledge that no journalist would dare question GPC.

No idea if it's true and I can't remember the source but it seemed more likely that the boot story to me.

At the time I heard that the cut was actually the result of a fight between Beckham and Giggs and was something to do with Beckham's sister. The story involving the GPC was simply concocted to avoid media interest in the knowledge that no journalist would dare question GPC.

No idea if it's true and I can't remember the source but it seemed more likely that the boot story to me.
They could have just said it was done in training if they were looking for an easy option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.