United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that the team the rags played last night do not actually play in any league? I heard it was thrown together from an assortment people visiting out-patient departments with broken limbs. Apparently, this was for a reality TV programme called Thursday Night Football in which a has-been football club tries to create its former glories by playing make-believe teams in front of a live audience of extras from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. People watching on TV can phone in (£5 per minute) and vote for the player most likely to end up in non-league football having had a first-team call up to the England squad.

Astana, a team made up largely of free transfers:

15/16 Spent 162,000
16/17 Spent 0
17/18 Spent 761,000 (sold 1.8 million)
18/19 Spent 2.4 Million (sold 2.8 million)
19/20 Spent 0

Yet Utd put on a unconvincing 1-0 win and its oh i was right to sell Piano man and Lukaku and keep Greenwood by the Paper Boy, and we played the kids. Not being funny but our EDS team would have beaten Astana. Anyone can play kids against such weak opposition.
And 50k crowd LOL. More like 30k with free tickets for school kids and that Simon Stone comment was the most puke worthy thing i have read and that took some doing, even beating his own fan boy Utd comments.

Incase you missed what he posted on the BBC:
Manchester United have moved their 'atmosphere section' from the Stretford End to the area normally reserved for visiting fans for tonight's game.

That is the area regarded as the loudest in the stadium due to the low roof.

The home fans in there are making plenty of noise, including coming up with a song for teenage striker Mason Greenwood, to the tune of David Bowie's Starman. "Mason, he is dynamite, he scores them with his left foot and he scores them with his right."

Last edited:
RTRMADP_SOCCER-EUROPA-MUN-AST-REPORT_700153775_RC11C2910720_2019-09-19T200253Zjpg-JS523434952.jpg
Old Draftford.

Astana, a team made up largely of free transfers:

15/16 Spent 162,000
16/17 Spent 0
17/18 Spent 761,000 (sold 1.8 million)
18/19 Spent 2.4 Million (sold 2.8 million)
19/20 Spent 0

Yet Utd put on a unconvincing 1-0 win and its oh i was right to sell Piano man and Lukaku and keep Greenwood by the Paper Boy, and we played the kids. Not being funny but our EDS team would have beaten Astana. Anyone can play kids against such weak opposition.
And 50k crowd LOL. More like 30k with free tickets for school kids and that Simon Stone comment was the most puke worthy thing i have read and that took some doing, even beating his own fan boy Utd comments
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ns-astana-thousands-empty-seat-europa-league/

No way were there 50k...plus as you say gave away 17k tickets to schools and local charities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.