United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive known a lot of rag dickheads on my life time but have never known a normal fan who refers to the them as the Red Devils in normal conversation. Nothing in any of their silly songs either.
As for Busby he was a strict Catholic who would never entertain his team being connected with the Devil no matter what others were trying to push.

All that money, just to try to get one over on us.

What a fucking waste!

If this was us the media would have calculated the cost per game and cost per goal - and there’d be huge headlines. As it’s them “financial prudence” is the back story... my fucking arse. United have taken a bath on Sanchez.

BBC: "They fought off competition from Manchester City for Sanchez, signing him from Arsenal on a four-and-a-half year deal on an eye-watering £400,000-a-week."

That's BBC speak for over-priced, dumb-headed transfer flop. For whom they "fought off competition" by bidding 50% more than we were prepared to or than he was worth.

Also where did $400k/week come from? I thought it was closer to $500k/week

And importantly the BBC infer that we offered a similar outrageous package - which we didn’t.

& they have a problem with us playing in a council house :)
This.
Stadium given to them FOC by a Sugar Daddy owner (which also applies to the Dippers and Tarquins)
Handout from the Taxpayer after WW2 to spend on the swamp as a result of their 2nd Sugar Daddy using "influence" to lobby for it.
Another handout to build the North Stand for the 66 World Cup.
Not a penny given back yet the likes of Ogden make Crass comments on Twitter about the "council house" after the club off the NHS free use of the Etihad during a global pandemic and ignore the fact that City pays millions into the local community on an annual basis from the Etihad deal.

The amount of nonsense i have seen spouted over the past few days over the Alexis Sanchez saga has been absolutely laughable.

I have been listening to talksport this week and someone (can't think who it was, not sure if it was a journalist) phoned in and was spouting on about how United were effectively wiping off 55m from their wage bill over the next two seasons (Sanchez on around 480K a week) and will be saving money even with the purchase of Sancho (speculating that transfer will be paid over 5 years which would work out to around 20-25m a season).

I think it was Hawksby and Jacobs that were on at the time, neither of them sharp enough to ask the question why Sanchez wouldn't just stay at Utd on 480K a week and just go out on loan to Inter instead.

If i was Sanchez and i had the choice of taking a pay cut to go to Inter or stay at Utd, but request to be loaned out so i didn't take a big pay cut, i would certainly opt for the latter. Inter pay half of his wages and Utd subsidise the rest. Now the absolute nonsense the media are reporting is that they have just got him off the books for free. Anyone with half a brain can see that Sanchez would only mutually terminate his contract if he was getting a huge pay out to make up for the paycut in his wage packet by joining Inter.

I have a feeling we are talking about approx 25-30m payout for Sanchez, could even be more. I reckon we are talking big numbers. The media however will turn a blind eye to this one. You can bet your bottom dollar on it.
You're probably right however nobody will know for sure until the next set of accounts are published.
The truth will come out but it will be brushed under the carpet.
Meanwhile the brain dead lemmings will be under the impression that 3 planks is some kind of genius for getting rid of Piano Man.

At least Gibson splashed out a bit for the stuffing of the brown envelopes to facilitate this particularly snide con.
These brown envelopes were stuffed with money made on the back of a world war.
The Rags have shown through history that they always like to do things "The right way" of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.