United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also dislike the way English is now so often ("offen" not ofTen) spoken, but I do admit to severe pedantry. I wince when I hear Mica Richards talking about "Man Ci-eh". My personal hate though has to be "From the get go".
With you and Mike Cledford all the way on this.. my daughters were told from a very early age that prospective boyfriends/husbands must not involve them bringing home (in reverse order of demerit):

3 Glottal stops
2 United supporters
1 Liverpool supporters

Current mission status: Accomplished..

I also dislike the way English is now so often ("offen" not ofTen) spoken, but I do admit to severe pedantry. I wince when I hear Mica Richards talking about "Man Ci-eh". My personal hate though has to be "From the get go".
I remember my sister's French exchange partner telling us that she had been taught that "offen" was the correct pronunciation; we all said "often".

I hate "Back in the day" and "of" following "outside", as well as every Americanism that has entered the British English language over the last two decades or so.

I remember my sister's French exchange partner telling us that she had been taught that "offen" was the correct pronunciation; we all said "often".

I hate "Back in the day" and "of" following "outside", as well as every Americanism that has entered the British English language over the last two decades or so.
Yo dude, s'up wit dat las sentence bunch a shit. "Back in the day", somewhere "outside of" Bluemoon you're statement about Americanisms would have called for pistols at dawn. :-)

The number of people on TV who can't pronounce vulnerable is staggering. It's almost always 'vunnerable'.

Even worse than outside of is off of. Matterface frequently says things like "The ball came back off of the post" or "The keeper received the ball off of his full back".

Even worse than outside of is off of. Matterface frequently says things like "The ball came back off of the post" or "The keeper received the ball off of his full back".
Yeah, I’ve noticed that from Twatterface too, and like you I fucking hate it.

"It came back off of the post," is another of his favourites.

You got to admit though,seeing the way bruno scores these pens is worth them being wrongly given, according to the commentators it is, last nights oracles of footy said how "clever" he was for not doing his "jump" run up, probably forgot tbh, after all it must have been 30mins since his last gifted pen. They also bragged about the amount of goals hes been involved in since they signed him, hmmm, how many of those have been penalties I ask, oh, and how many "assists" have been dives to get the penalties, quite a few I imagine. Makes a mockery of players having to achieve genuine stats when these fckers get theirs given to them, at least we gain our stats "organically"and not "spoon fed". Still, I cant see them winning it, I think dear aunty uefa will be saying, now now united, youve got cl next year, our friends at the pl ref dept saw to that for you, you have to let someone else win sometimes and we think its time for an italian team to win. We will ensure you get to the final of course, but then you are on your own, that should make it easy for inter.

We beat Real Madrid, twice, to progress to the quarter finals of the Champions League.

The swamp donkeys beat FC Copenhagen 1-0, with the help of a dodgy penalty, to stagger to the next stage of the Euro Fizz cup.

Let that sink in.

thumb_how-did-it-come-to-this-when-most-of-the-66325751.png

Or the European Freight Rover trophy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.