United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years the rags excused themselves for not having a women's team because "It doesn't fit our business plan". In other words they wouldn't make enough money out of it. Eventually they were shamed into forming one.
I dont believe they were shamed into it at all. The rag business model could not compete with ours, arsenal Chelsea and others. Their facilities were shit and they certainly couldn't get top players especially with the wages other clubs were paying. For that reason they lobbied (i.e. Spoke to their friends) for a salary cap which was then introduced, as a result we lost a number of players who went abroad as did other clubs. The cap helped level (lower) the playing field allowing them to re enter the fray.
At the same time England won the right to host the women's euro championships, low and behold the first match was going to be held at......
Yep, the swamp. Think of the revenue they would have got, TV crowds, advertising. Covid stopped it fortunately.
They weren't shamed into anything, it was a corrupt agreement between the rags the fa and others.
Now Sky and the bbc have won a contract to show live matches, instead of their poky little ground they are switching to the swamp, hmmmm more TV coverage and more money for them.

I dont believe they were shamed into it at all. The rag business model could not compete with ours, arsenal Chelsea and others. Their facilities were shit and they certainly couldn't get top players especially with the wages other clubs were paying. For that reason they lobbied (i.e. Spoke to their friends) for a salary cap which was then introduced, as a result we lost a number of players who went abroad as did other clubs. The cap helped level (lower) the playing field allowing them to re enter the fray.
At the same time England won the right to host the women's euro championships, low and behold the first match was going to be held at......
Yep, the swamp. Think of the revenue they would have got, TV crowds, advertising. Covid stopped it fortunately.
They weren't shamed into anything, it was a corrupt agreement between the rags the fa and others.
Now Sky and the bbc have won a contract to show live matches, instead of their poky little ground they are switching to the swamp, hmmmm more TV coverage and more money for them.
I was not aware that they had a 'business model'.
Get as deep into debt as you can and win f*ck all for years does not seem to be a sound business plan, whilst allowing shareholders of a certain class of shares to take dividends.
Just hilarious.

Chelsea, and then City have basically destroyed football. An institution built on a heritage of over 100 years decimated because of corrupt murderers using sports washing to project an image to the world. Shame on the fans, enabling and celebrating this

Bitter bile from some whopper called Crustanoid on rag cafe and plenty agreeing with him.
They just don't get it, the rags have been rudderless since the GPC retired and the fact that they don't win trophies is entirely down to them.

Chelsea, and then City have basically destroyed football. An institution built on a heritage of over 100 years decimated because of corrupt murderers using sports washing to project an image to the world. Shame on the fans, enabling and celebrating this

Bitter bile from some whopper called Crustanoid on rag cafe and plenty agreeing with him.
They just don't get it, the rags have been rudderless since the GPC retired and the fact that they don't win trophies is entirely down to them.
Suggested to a rag the other day they get that banner out they had for us - still waiting for his reply

Well City (and to a lesser extent Chelsea) have certainly destroyed them. It's a bit like Amazon v House of Fraser. Oh dear....never mind.

‘Sportswashing’ at its ‘finest’ - killing your own citizens on the streets protesting for democracy and genociding an ethnic group.
Come on mr glendenning et al, let’s see the articles ripping into United supporting an Inhumane regime... ‘what’s that?....Yes, United... hello? Hello?... strange, the lines gone dead.’

Utd fans are the bitterest and most mardarse set of fickle cunts don't forget, they had years getting their own way, their opinion means absolutely zero.

As a back story. The saddest most upsetting book I have ever read was written by a Rohinga Muslim, now a refugee in Australia. It told the harrowing story of how his village was brutally oppressed, theft by the army was the least of his problems, rape and murder were common place.
If it is possible to hate an entire country then I do. The so called democratic leader Ang San Su Chi is as bad as the army and I hope shots rots in her prison cell where she currently resides.
The fact that no one is arsed that the rags are partnered with them says it all.

But not today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.