United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
And @SwissRamble has confirmed that the rags have borrowed £140m and not declared it in these accounts

@Prestwich_Blue have you any thoughts on that?
He said they had access to it, not that they'd used it. I was looking at this the other day to try to understand where this story came from. It

I suspect that the revolving credit facility was mentioned when they published their Q3 figures, which seems to be when this story of a £140m "war chest" started, One (or some) journalists completely got the wrong end of the stick and assumed they'd made the extra £150m available without realising that it's a facility and is always noted in the accounts.

As usual, the lack of basic financial knowledge among some journalists, or the desire for clicks over veracity, has produced false narrative. Not like that's happened before.

We'll know for sure when they publish the Q1 results for the current FY.

He said they had access to it, not that they'd used it. I was looking at this the other day to try to understand where this story came from. It

I suspect that the revolving credit facility was mentioned when they published their Q3 figures, which seems to be when this story of a £140m "war chest" started, One (or some) journalists completely got the wrong end of the stick and assumed they'd made the extra £150m available without realising that it's a facility and is always noted in the accounts.

As usual, the lack of basic financial knowledge among some journalists, or the desire for clicks over veracity, has produced false narrative. Not like that's happened before.

We'll know for sure when they publish the Q1 results for the current FY

None of which is the poor child's fault.

Marcus Rashford is one of this country's very finest young sportsmen, using his fame and his platform to try and help poor kids who come from a similar background to himself. A background he has never forgotten.

Next time there are fans at an etihad Derby I do hope city fans give this lad a standing ovation.

I don't give a shite who he plays for. He's a good person. In a sport filled with wankers and brain dead morons.
Of course its not a childs fault.
Sorry but all he has done is given publicity to a charity which has been around a while. The PR machine has done the rest.
Both Kompany and Sterling have put more into their respective charities but without the hype. Lots of footballers give their testimonials to charity. He is not unique.

Marcus Rashford is one of this country's very finest young sportsmen, using his fame and his platform to try and help poor kids who come from a similar background to himself. A background he has never forgotten.

Next time there are fans at an etihad Derby I do hope city fans give this lad a standing ovation.

I don't give a shite who he plays for. He's a good person. In a sport filled with wankers and brain dead morons.
I do believe that Rashford is standing up for the children of struggling families.
I think that there is no ulterior motive to his actions. He doesn't need money and even if he did would he use the hardships of the poor to help increase his bank balance?
I don't think so personally, that would be an appalling thing to do.
So, yes, just for once, lay club and badge loyalties to one side and get behind the man. Let's help him give those kids a voice.

oh give over. He's started a well-intentioned and positive initiative and unlike Raz because of the team he plays for it's been turned into the greatest thing since Gandhi just so said club can benefit of the branding and positive association they desperately need.

Noticed on the news last night that the rags are calling for a test event to be held at the swamp where they reckon they can hold circa 30k safely. They must be really desperate for the money to start rolling in. Couldn't hold 75k safely let alone 30k

Noticed on the news last night that the rags are calling for a test event to be held at the swamp where they reckon they can hold circa 30k safely. They must be really desperate for the money to start rolling in. Couldn't hold 75k safely let alone 30k
Look, the 'bomb in the toilet' thing was ages ago - just let it go.

I reckon if the 2m rule is enforced properly then the Etihad would have approx the same capacity as the swamp, with the way they cram them in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.