United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, when someone is reaching out to help others with the same unfortunate background and all the emotional baggage that comes with that it will be genuine. This is not the same as staged celebrity charity work those sole purpose is to keep them known and “loved” by the public. I have no doubt there are PR elements playing out here but I and many others across a broad spectrum of Britons think it is a great thing he is doing here.
na, it's a rag PR marketing exercise. He may have been well-intentioned but he could donate half his wages every week without even mentioning it and make more of an impact than his brand image promotion that's the real gain. The Rags get to look good and be everyone's second team because Rashford's such a nice chap don't you know, so now neutrals who should pathologically hate the rags by default have some sympathies which is morally and ethically wrong.

For info; I know and worked with his cousin, to whom he is very close. She is a well respected and very dedicated Safeguarding and Child Protection professional, I have no doubt his concern is real and sincere. MUFC (about whom I mocked and educated her ceaselessly) on the other hand...
I for one don't doubt his intentions are made with good faith. However, now that Ashton and the rags PR team have hijacked the crusade cheered on by the impartial bbc sports department the matter leaves a foul taste in the mouth. The same impartial bbc should take their collective tongue from between the rags arse cheeks and start championing the people who volunteer regularly supporting good causes in their communities.

Respect your view and I am totally onboard on ensuring no family go hungry in this country. Rashford may or may not been persuaded into the full PR campaign we see in full flow. However, him sending out a few tweets, signing his name to letters drawn up his PR team and a soppy programme featuring his mother is no real effort in comparison to people in the community if selflessly give hours of their time and money in the cause of charity. So why he is seen in such reverence I will never understand.
Good point, people who devote large quantities of their time to help those more unfortunate deserve our utmost respect and admiration. It is true that Marcus Rashford doesn’t do anywhere near as much as them, the difference is the power he has exerted and the effect on local and national governments.

Have to respectfully disagree. This is a very well staged PR exercise aided and abetted by the albeeb in particular Silly Sally who is a good friend of St Marcus's media manager. Whilst I agree that no family should ever go hungry in this country this crusade is for the benefit of the rags and Rashford. Real champions of the poor are people like my old fella who as a shop steward sort donations from the various plants he represented worker's from both the members and employers during the miners strike in 1984. He refused recognition from within his union as he did it out of genuine human compassion rather than the sycophantic response that Rashford, his PR team and the rags are courting.
I just think, with all the shit things that are happening in the world right now, if you’re genuinely irked by hungry kids getting fed then it says a lot more about you than Marcus Rashford. Fucking hell.

Nah. Strange is what the likes of Riley and his cohorts want us to think. It's planned and it's calculated so that both the rags and the dippers will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season - money.
Why should the likes of Pigmol and the VAR operatives worry if the rest of us can see what they're doing? We cannot prove anything so on it goes. Year in year out, contentious penalties, red/yellow cards for opponents, farcical leniency for the redshirts, and favouritism from the media means those two clubs are a protected species.

It is not going to change unless we do something, all of us. We have to make a stand because sooner or later the anger and frustration from the fans that has been simmering for a long time will boil over and something awful is going to happen.
I think that this is a brilliant post.
My question regards the second paragraph; what can we do? What kind of a stand can we make? We can all see what's happening and yet it seems there's nothing that can actually be done. It's a damn shame.

I think that this is a brilliant post.
My question regards the second paragraph; what can we do? What kind of a stand can we make? We can all see what's happening and yet it seems there's nothing that can actually be done. It's a damn shame.
Not sure it’s really a “brilliant” post, it’s just yet another conspiracy theory!

It may very well be, but it does have legs to stand on.
No doubt those two clubs get preferential treatment from the media, and to a slightly lesser extent from officials. If you really think the whole game is completely bent to ensure they prevail though then you should probably just sack it off? What’d be the point in even watching if you genuinely think the outcome is preordained?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.