United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt those two clubs get preferential treatment from the media, and to a slightly lesser extent from officials. If you really think the whole game is completely bent to ensure they prevail though then you should probably just sack it off? What’d be the point in even watching if you genuinely think the outcome is preordained?!
I don't think the outcome is preordained which is the reason why I still love the game. I don't think the game is completely bent, but I certainly see it as elastic and liquid in the favor of certain red sides. If that appears to be seen with a bit of a blue tint than so be it, after all I'm a City supporter on a City forum.

I think that this is a brilliant post.
My question regards the second paragraph; what can we do? What kind of a stand can we make? We can all see what's happening and yet it seems there's nothing that can actually be done. It's a damn shame.
I always thought it would be a great idea if the supporters clubs of each team compiled a video of say the top 20 worst decisions against them each season (with context, how much did it matter, who against), a rep from each club would then meet and sit in a room and watch them all, and at the end had a vote to see if they thought it was fixed.

I always thought it would be a great idea if the supporters clubs of each team compiled a video of say the top 20 worst decisions against them each season (with context, how much did it matter, who against), a rep from each club would then meet and sit in a room and watch them all, and at the end had a vote to see if they thought it was fixed.
I'd be willing to wager that 35-40% of all the videos would involve a side in red, probably not arsenal.

I don't think the outcome is preordained which is the reason why I still love the game. I don't think the game is completely bent, but I certainly see it as elastic and liquid in the favor of certain red sides. If that appears to be seen with a bit of a blue tint than so be it, after all I'm a City supporter on a City forum.
That’s fair enough, I broadly agree tbh. I imagine fans in most countries feel that the biggest clubs in their leagues get preferential treatment too. It’s shit, but whether it’s corrupt, as the original post you quoted suggests, is another matter.

I for one don't doubt his intentions are made with good faith. However, now that Ashton and the rags PR team have hijacked the crusade cheered on by the impartial bbc sports department the matter leaves a foul taste in the mouth. The same impartial bbc should take their collective tongue from between the rags arse cheeks and start championing the people who volunteer regularly supporting good causes in their communities.
It is significant that the name Rashford is what we see and hear whereas, although they have undoubtedly benefited, the name of the charity he is associated with is hardly the name on everyone's lips. It is FareShare and they are the ones that deserve the praise together with all the volunteers throughout this country. Not to mention those who help children overseas who are actually starving and do not have a cup of clean water. The BBC should be mentioning their plight.

I for one don't doubt his intentions are made with good faith. However, now that Ashton and the rags PR team have hijacked the crusade cheered on by the impartial bbc sports department the matter leaves a foul taste in the mouth. The same impartial bbc should take their collective tongue from between the rags arse cheeks and start championing the people who volunteer regularly supporting good causes in their communities.

The rags PR machine once again in action, they have Sky Sports showing this image.

Edit: Can’t upload it but it’s the Rashford murial with two kids wearing full rag kits stood by it.

That’s fair enough, I broadly agree tbh. I imagine fans in most countries feel that the biggest clubs in their leagues get preferential treatment too. It’s shit, but whether it’s corrupt, as the original post you quoted suggests, is another matter.

I think that is how corruption, prejudice works, especially when prejudices can be rewarded.

No doubt those two clubs get preferential treatment from the media, and to a slightly lesser extent from officials. If you really think the whole game is completely bent to ensure they prevail though then you should probably just sack it off? What’d be the point in even watching if you genuinely think the outcome is preordained?!
I am sure the whole sport is not bent but I am also certain that there have been "bent" matches and that's true going back to the 60s. Sadly there are some corrupt people working in football. The issue with the media is that some journalists (not all) are happy to turn a blind eye to protect their sources. When you add that to the commercial bias towards the clickbait clubs it is easy to understand whey many fans are not happy with the current game.
It took a long time for the truth to come out about athletics and cycling. Personally I accept football for what it is. For example everyone knew that Brian Clough was heavily involved in the "bung" culture but I still loved him as a manager.

I am sure the whole sport is not bent but I am also certain that there have been "bent" matches and that's true going back to the 60s. Sadly there are some corrupt people working in football. The issue with the media is that some journalists (not all) are happy to turn a blind eye to protect their sources. When you add that to the commercial bias towards the clickbait clubs it is easy to understand whey many fans are not happy with the current game.
It took a long time for the truth to come out about athletics and cycling. Personally I accept football for what it is. For example everyone knew that Brian Clough was heavily involved in the "bung" culture but I still loved him as a manager.

Football can be fixed look what happened in Italy. The game has gone beyond 22 men on a pitch competing in a sporting sense, it’s now politics and power plays. Look at how the top eight of the premier league ganged up to get the CAS to hurry up the appeal against our champions league ban. Then you have Rick Parry briefing reporters what the outcome would be of Uefa’s verdict before a hearing had even happened.

The twats in red will stop at nothing to make sure their gravy train is protected, we came along and upset the apple cart. Now they need their friends in the FA and PGMOL to ensure they are looked after. WWE has more sporting integrity than the premier league does at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.