United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football can be fixed look what happened in Italy. The game has gone beyond 22 men on a pitch competing in a sporting sense, it’s now politics and power plays. Look at how the top eight of the premier league ganged up to get the CAS to hurry up the appeal against our champions league ban. Then you have Rick Parry briefing reporters what the outcome would be of Uefa’s verdict before a hearing had even happened.

The twats in red will stop at nothing to make sure their gravy train is protected, we came along and upset the apple cart. Now they need their friends in the FA and PGMOL to ensure they are looked after. WWE has more sporting integrity than the premier league does at the moment.
If you keep American interests out of anything that involves money things tend to run more 'smoothly'.

If you keep American interests out of anything that involves money things tend to run more 'smoothly'.

I forgot to mention look how they blocked the takeover of Newcastle. They don’t like threats and new ownership would have resulted in them being another place down the premier league. I bet if the Saudis look to buy United it will be allowed so the Glazers can get their money back and then some.

If the British had invested in their own clubs/league, perhaps that argument would hold water. It's not the Yank media that's "bigging" up the redshirts nor are people like David Gill and Rick Parry Americans.
You made your bed, now you must sleep in it.

If the British had invested in their own clubs/league, perhaps that argument would hold water. It's not the Yank media that's "bigging" up the redshirts nor are people like David Gill and Rick Parry Americans.
You made your bed, now you must sleep in it.
Who would you consider as more honourable businessmen - John W Henry, the Glaziers or Sheikh Mansour.

Who would you consider as more honourable businessmen - John W Henry, the Glaziers or Sheikh Mansour.
I'm a Blue, who do you think?
Or perhaps you should ask yourself who you would find more honorable, Mike Ashley, the "dildo brothers" or sheikh Mansour. I would think that we would arrive at the same conclusion.

I am sure the whole sport is not bent but I am also certain that there have been "bent" matches and that's true going back to the 60s. Sadly there are some corrupt people working in football. The issue with the media is that some journalists (not all) are happy to turn a blind eye to protect their sources. When you add that to the commercial bias towards the clickbait clubs it is easy to understand whey many fans are not happy with the current game.
It took a long time for the truth to come out about athletics and cycling. Personally I accept football for what it is. For example everyone knew that Brian Clough was heavily involved in the "bung" culture but I still loved him as a manager.
The 1915 British football betting scandal occurred when a Football League First Division match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford on 2 April (Good Friday) 1915 was fixed in United's favour, with players from both sides benefiting from bets placed upon the result. In all, seven players were found to have participated in the scandal and all were subsequently banned for life, although most later had their bans overturned.
At the time of the match, Manchester United were struggling to avoid relegation, while Liverpool were in mid-table and neither challenging for honours nor facing the threat of relegation themselves. The effects of the First World War provided further motivation to perpetrate a fix – by the end of March it was almost certain that the league would suspend operations after the 1914–15 season was finished, interrupting and possibly ending the footballing careers of everyone then playing in the league. Also, the players perhaps thought that the diversion of the conflict would lessen the attention that would normally be paid to a dubious match result.

The match ended in a 2–0 win to United, with George Anderson scoring both goals. However, the match referee and some observers noted Liverpool's lack of commitment during the game – they had missed a penalty that had been awarded to them, and when Fred Pagnam hit the Manchester United crossbar late in the match, his teammates publicly remonstrated with him.[1]

I'm a Blue, who do you think?
Or perhaps you should ask yourself who you would find more honorable, Mike Ashley, the "dildo brothers" or sheikh Mansour. I would think that we would arrive at the same conclusion.
Yes but Ashley and the Dildo brothers font clamour for a closed shop premier league unlike the ‘yanks’

The 1915 British football betting scandal occurred when a Football League First Division match between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford on 2 April (Good Friday) 1915 was fixed in United's favour, with players from both sides benefiting from bets placed upon the result. In all, seven players were found to have participated in the scandal and all were subsequently banned for life, although most later had their bans overturned.
At the time of the match, Manchester United were struggling to avoid relegation, while Liverpool were in mid-table and neither challenging for honours nor facing the threat of relegation themselves. The effects of the First World War provided further motivation to perpetrate a fix – by the end of March it was almost certain that the league would suspend operations after the 1914–15 season was finished, interrupting and possibly ending the footballing careers of everyone then playing in the league. Also, the players perhaps thought that the diversion of the conflict would lessen the attention that would normally be paid to a dubious match result.

The match ended in a 2–0 win to United, with George Anderson scoring both goals. However, the match referee and some observers noted Liverpool's lack of commitment during the game – they had missed a penalty that had been awarded to them, and when Fred Pagnam hit the Manchester United crossbar late in the match, his teammates publicly remonstrated with him.[1]
Thanks for that. Confirms what we all know that there has always been an element of corruption in football and probably always will be.

For example the stench around Mike Riley (not just because of the famous bent United v Arsenal match ) is overpowering but no one in the media wants to take the story on.

This story was just ignored after it was published in 2016 for example:

This more recent one is very damning and shows clearly that Mike Riley can't be trusted.

Any yet he holds one of the most powerful positions in football and no one is challenging him. The bigger question is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.