United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t normally read United articles but a Gary Neville special popped up this morning dissecting United’s lack of activity in the transfer market in the wake of the palace defeat, so I thought I’d see what the **** has to say for himself. At no point did he blame his mate Ole. It was all Woodward’s fault and the players fault. You really don’t get a balanced argument with this twat and not one of these ex United pundits will ever have a go at the manager.
It was only 12 months ago he was telling us we missed out on maguire and now he’s saying they need to sign a new centre half ffs as he’s not mobile enough!! You really couldn’t make it up but he’s obviously seen as some sort of God like figure at Sky.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Ole’s a limited manager that’s doing a job with his hands tied at the moment. Surely it has to be primarily Woodward’s fault in terms of recruitment, as he really doesn’t have a clue but wants to be involved! Their weaknesses are glaringly obvious and have been for some time but they haven’t brought in the players to rectify the issues, hence a bit of leniency going Ole’s way.

It’s weird you listen to some pundits and people in the media talking about it’s only an extra 20m they should just pay it for Sancho it’s like the scum have got that money now.

It’s weird you listen to some pundits and people in the media talking about it’s only an extra 20m they should just pay it for Sancho it’s like the scum have got that money now.
Suspension of fans returning to stadiums has put the final nail in the Sancho deal IMO.
Their Matchday revenue is 110m, so glad we play in at the Emptihad ;)

Suspension of fans returning to stadiums has put the final nail in the Sancho deal IMO.
Their Matchday revenue is 110m, so glad we play in at the Emptihad ;)
The Glazers are on the brink financially. United had to borrow money in March (before Covid kicked in) just to pay wages. The club is in a terrible state. The bad news is that this will probably lead to a takeover bid before Christmas. And my money is on the Newcastle Saudi group coming back in for United. You can be sure the PL will smooth their pathway not block them like last time.
This is mostly speculation for my part but I just have a gut feeling. The financial crisis has been well documented and reported by United fan blogs. The media coverage of the Sancho saga is probably just fake news, perhaps a smokescreen put out by the Rags PR.
It's a great time to be a City or Liverpool fan when you look at the financial situations at United, Real Madrid, and Barcelona..the self-claimed biggest clubs in the world. It's a huge news story but don't expect any of the biased UK football media to cover it.

The bad news is that this will probably lead to a takeover bid before Christmas. And my money is on the Newcastle Saudi group coming back in for United. You can be sure the PL will smooth their pathway not block them like last time.
This is mostly speculation for my part but I just have a gut feeling.
Yes, I can't see the PL not rewinding the "fit and proper" test if the same Saudi's (or even slightly different) come back and go for United.
By that point they will be on the point of collapse, unless bought out, and there's no way the PL will let it get as far as United going into administration (too many EFL clubs to mention) or even disolved (Bury). Even though it would be the best thing for the league (long term) to act evenhandedly and show no favouritism (yes, I had serious difficulty writing that last line, without sniggering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.