United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good few years back,I dropped my mate off(a rag)at the airport in his car.
As he got out,he said "do me a favour mate and give these someone/anybody in the pub.
He pulled 3 match tickets out of the glove box for the game that night......work had give him some comps.
It was the rags at home in the CL to Inter Milan.
Our local is 10 mins drive to the swamp,20 mins on a bus,we only in Denton.
I go in the pub about 6pm and clocks 2 rags sat there in their shirts with a glass of coke between them.
These 2 were always claiming they could not get tickets for any game and that's why they never went.
Always in the pub a few hours before kick off so they could get the best seats....after a few minutes I said to a mate...."let's see what these two clowns say to these" and shown him the tickets.
I put them on the table in front of them and said "there you go boys,enjoy the game" and smiled,my mate was laughing as we knew they would decline them.
Any blue I know would of ripped my arm off for 3 free match tickets.....ANY MATCH.
sums them fuckers up.

Lets face it, they were totally confused. Theres two of them and three tickets :O

I genuinely can't believe they are as close as they are.
They’re not as bad as we think they are, they’ve got the basis of a good team but they aren’t well coached. Saying that, they aren’t the second best team or squad in the Prem.

Liverpool have the next best XI to City but they’ve not handled the up in intensity teams put in when playing the champions.

Chelsea have the next best squad to City but Lampard wasn’t good enough.

I’d expect United to be in a tough Top4 race with Leicester and Everton next season.

I just patronise and belittle holiday rags during footy discussions,by saying your not from Manchester so you don’t count or understand.
I used to as well, despite born and raised on the other side of the world. Occasionally I'd get away with winding up Manc Rags about their out of town support for a few minutes before they twigged.

I usually reply with - ‘whereabouts in Manchester is (Insert name) then?’
Had some lovely replies down the years.
Me and Mrs. Dobber were in a retaurant in Florence couple of years ago.Waiter was a young fella,mid twenties.
He was taking our order,clocked our accents and,as usual,asked where we were from.
When I said Manchester,he put his note-pad down on the table,spread his arms and shouted "Aguerrrrrrroooooooooooooooooo"

I like to think there is a bit of a blue following in Tuscany...well myself and my family when we are over!

However, I do know quite a few in Tuscany who liked city before we were winning just because of Oasis even if the majority all support Juventus and not Fiorentina.

Me and Mrs. Dobber were in a retaurant in Florence couple of years ago.Waiter was a young fella,mid twenties.
He was taking our order,clocked our accents and,as usual,asked where we were from.
When I said Manchester,he put his note-pad down on the table,spread his arms and shouted "Aguerrrrrrroooooooooooooooooo"
Mancini managed Fiorentina when he started out, won the Coppa even though the club were in shit and facing bankruptcy, they're very fond of him as far as I know so they would have loved that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.