United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags will always be “decent.” Theyve spent nearly £1 billion on that squad, that is bound to get you results.

Paul Pogba is the perfect player manifestation of them. He can be world class some days, but most of the time he wither doesn’t show up, is too lazy to try or is just average.

Still beyond me how Jailbird Jacob is the skipper over there and not in a prison in Greece. Guess it wouldn’t be the Rags if they didn’t have a reprobate as the face of the team.

They are still shite.

Losing 1-2 at home to average Italian team.

3 unforced changes for Roma through Injury in the first half, when does that happen.

Dubious penalty at a crucial time to say the least.

Dropped out of the CL to the lesser and far inferior competition with their 80 & 90 million pound players and suddenly they start to bully a way to the Final.
Roma are a pub team, no wonder the manager is getting the boot.

I think you are confusing our poorer season with their slight improvement.
They are only within 10 points because we have dipped.
Them finishing 0n 80 points this season would look shite when we finished 100/99 points etc. So even us finishing on 90 ish points this season makes them a long way behind.

The other thing to be remembered we are not going to sit still. We also will be looking for one or two new signings.
We have a solid team already and a better manager.

Lastly, history has shown every time they look like they are getting it together, they go backwards...
It might well be wishful thinking but I'd be inclined to agree with this assessment.
Their best chance of winning the league (probably gone now, realistically-speaking) is if City collapse from here.

It's been a freakish year, with City starting poorly and Littlwoods FC losing their way. You wouldn't bet on United getting in between us and them next year. And that's before we consider what is happening at Chelsea.
All told, unless they make some spectacularly successful signings, I would expect them to be fighting it out with Leicester, West Ham and Everton for fourth place.

This isn’t, and is in no way intended to be, an "I’m a bigger Blue than you"-type of post, but Mrs Vienna’s dad grew up near Belle View, and was always a City supporter.

He took Mrs Vienna to her first game, when she was six as her mum was having her hair done and they didn’t have a baby-sitter.

Unfortunately neither of her children have any interest in football, but our grandson is City-mad. His dad is a Littlewoods fan, but there was never any doubt that Mrs Vienna would win that battle.
It's Belle Vue......come on lad. Grew up there myself.

Right, the posters that know me will agree that I ask the right questions, the ones most avoid, the Friday night toughie, so......
We are invaded by aliens who conquer us, they give us a choice, either:
a) become a rag fan
or
b) become enslaved by the aliens.
So the question is do you choose the Zilurian salt mines or the Krasnik desert looking for water?

My dad used to say he took me to Maine Rd before my mum took me to primary school.l think that was when school started at 5 but with all the older generation unfortunately gone l can never be sure. Memories fade and as a kid you don't appreciate the finer things. I remember being taken to see Stanley Matthews but can't remember seeing that magic he could still do at about 50 just all the adults enthusing about him.
Dad gave me many things but a love of City was an inevitable one and I've passed it down the line. When we won the league in 2012 l was delighted for my lads. They got their reward after all the crap l put them through.
I remember reading a biography of Sir Stan just after I’d become interested in football, and because of that, he has always been one of my favourite non-City players.

The grandson was with us for the Agüeroooooooooo game. And though he was only 2 1/2 and can’t remember it, he is immensely proud of the fact that he was present.

Sorry to hear that pal, hope you are now on the mend?

He seems to think fine, just sick of getting up two or three times in night for a piss!!

Got some blood tests to do and a bowel ultrasound scan, but I didn't want to ignore it even at my younger age.

Doc said one of those things you try to manage or put up with as long as you can, if it doesn't settle down, always medication or later in life surgery if things get worse?

All good thanks TH.

Go with the Docs advice and never ignore the signs.

Presume they are checking your PSA via the blood test ?

Like football when you have surgery eg say a cruciate, the human body is never the same post surgery as what nature gave us at birth.

Prostate is no different, I'm not the same post surgery, but, i've hsd to adapt and I'm alive to watch this incredible football team we are witnessing and have witnessed these last 10 years, something my very best mate and fellow Blue regrettably didn't experience (he passed away 11 years ago at 39 years old, a sudden aneurism not PC).

My old chap used to say life's short, live it, didnt take much notice when I was in my 30s and 40s, so true now I'm in my 50's.

Feel free to DM me at any time on this topic glad to share my experience if it helps ?

I remember reading a biography of Sir Stan just after I’d become interested in football, and because of that, he has always been one of my favourite non-City players.

The grandson was with us for the Agüeroooooooooo game. And though he was only 2 1/2 and can’t remember it, he is immensely proud of the fact that he was present.
I hope he didn't get frightened by the general pandemonium at the end. My younger son aged 9 got a bit scared against Gillingham at the end but he was really worried at the services near Birmingham going down when we were met by a City mob with a freshly fallen off the wagon (again) Kevin Kennedy on their shoulders singing at top voice 'Curly is our leader'.
Bloody hell the thought of Curly Watts being our leader even frightened me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.