United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equating this to watching united:

ojoijiokj.png

Unbelievable..
Sadly it's not unbelievable, they are almost as bad as the dippers - not quite, but certainly getting there. Equating somebody losing their life in such a tortuous and horrific way to your favourite team not playing too well? FFS!

It doesn’t matter if he lived a childhood fit for a king or he lived in abject poverty. He highlighted a very real problem in this country of children not getting enough to eat.
Well done him.
I object your honour. There are more fat kids wandering the streets nowadays than there were when I was a fatty.

Sadly it's not unbelievable, they are almost as bad as the dippers - not quite, but certainly getting there. Equating somebody losing their life in such a tortuous and horrific way to your favourite team not playing too well? FFS!
I would have found a way to stop.
It's only 55mph on U.S. freeways.

Not sure if it's a direct consequence of Rashfords campaign, but I heard on the radio this week there was a Minister For Child Poverty. In one of the richest countries in the world that is a disgrace. Sorry if slightly off topic

Man Utd has been playing badly for almost a decade, but they are still one of the richest clubs in the world. So I really impressed with the fact that they can keep having big income and reputation. And they are still extremely popular globally (back in my homecountry in Asia, people still discuss about Man Utd more than Man City).
So I wonder how can they do that, are they really better than our business department, and is there anything we can learn from them?

P/S: I cannot distinguish difference among business vs. marketing vs. selling vs. PR departments, so the terms "business/marketing" here is a very loose definition.
They got lucky: They won everything every year in the era when the Premier League grew from being something that a few English working class men watched on a Saturday and occasional Wednesday night to becoming the world's biggest form of mass entertainment, accessible 7 days a week from anywhere.

Is Rashford not getting kids to eat a better diet though.
I hate the **** but even I can see the good he is trying to do in this case.
The campaign seems to be hitting the mark; that is not in question.

What annoys the shit out of me though is that I'm certain Rashford's involvement is nothing more than PR. Almost as if his PR 'Team' have had a bit of a brainstorming session to work out which charitable cause will have the most positive impact on his profile and how best to spin it.

I'm sure St Marcus fully believes in what he's doing, but then his PR team will be right behind him, keeping his profile high and the cash rolling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.