United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see anybody decent take that job now, better to let them implode then pick up the pieces in a new season.
I was thinking the same, in some ways it may be better for them to finish outside the top 6 so they have no europe distractions next year and can focus on the top 4 and domestic cups.

A competent manager with the current playing staff and some further investment should be capable of getting this next season.

Can't see anybody decent take that job now
Anyone who goes there will be more than aware of what to expect. We see what's going on from the outside, and whatever the biased press want us to see, but those who earn their living in the Premier league -managers, agents, coaching staff etc- will know exactly what is going on at the swamp and would have their lawyers make sure the contract is the right one before signing. In other words, no more interference from the pisscan.

Anyone with the merest soupçon of self-respect will demand any contract he signs to be heavily weighed in his (the prospective manager's) favour because he'll know he has the rags over a barrel.
The club are skint, heavily in debt, and losing money they can ill afford to lose due to the Glazer's 'business methods.' They are a sinking ship, and as I say, anyone involved in the day-to-day running of the Premier league will know more about the rags' situation than any of us are likely to know.

I'm beginning to think the Glazers don't want any 'outsider' coming into their cozy little world where people with very strong ties to the club reign supreme. That way they know that the Pisscan, Ole, Carrick, Phelan etc will only have the best interests of the club at heart and so they will all have jobs for life. Any important member of staff not affiliated with the club will be looked upon as an outsider - the way North Korea looks upon the rest of the world.

Even if the rags don't make top four the money they are making simply by being in the Premier league will be sufficient for quite a while.

Would Potter or Rodgers accept they will be below Ferguson? Probably not. I'm absolutely conceived the only reason Phelan is still around as he acts as a go between for Ferguson and Ole.

That's why Ole is perfect for them as he won't rock the boat and is Glazers lap dog and as long as Ferguson is still around no top class manager will go there.

The exact same thing happened to them in the 70's when Busby retired but was allowed to remain at utd until his death. Every manager they had until Ferguson felt enormous pressure knowing Busby was still around the club.

You would think the club would learn from this but they haven't
Didn’t the bin dippers have to bin Shankly off from the training ground after his retirement?

The award Rashford got was a 'buy off' from the government.
The lad, literally, became the leader of the opposition at one point, and fair play to him for that. But, by accepting the award he has diminished his own standing, and at the same time allowed a government, that voted to take food away from children, off the hook.
He may now have an mbe, but kids are still hungry.
He should have refused it until such time that legislation was introduced to eliminate child poverty and hunger in this country. THAT is what he could have achieved. But he took the bait and promptly stuck that moniker onto his twitter handle.
So, let's look at the upshot of it all.
1. Cunty Government get off the hook
2. Rushford gets an mbe
3. Utd bask in reflected holy glory
4. Kids are still hungry
5. Families are poorer

And the government state that Britain isn't a corrupt country? Everyone is corruptible in the right circumstances. Even St. Marcus.
And this weekend has the Children in Need telethon which has been going for 31 years which St Marcus conceived in his mind before he was even conceived in the womb.

Reminds me a bit of Jamie Oliver's school meals initiative that got some political movement for a while and lots of good PR. Honest question, though (being out of country and it all going quiet), did any lasting policy change come out of it?
To be fair - yes it did. He forced a massive government u turn and made them look like a bunch of mean spirited twats.

Credit where its due - Rashford did a great job on pushing the free kids school meals and it worked.

One thing I really enjoyed on Saturday was watching the shite trying to play out from the back.Wank Pissarsehole
and Billy Bunter were immediately forced back towards the corner flags and then blammed it upfield.
Just let Duncan Donut blam it.Save a lot of messing about that would.
Billy Bunter; I like that one.

But you’re showing your age. I bet the kids have no idea, who Billy Bunter is.

Carrick and Kieran McKenna (who?) run the coaching. Not sure what Mike Phelan does and John Murtough (who?) is Director of Football. It is a complete shit show. I have been told by someone who knows that this problem is wider than just the football department. A lot of people in key areas across the club are not experienced enough in their fields. The disastrous recruitment policy is not just confined to the players.
Ed Woodward was an accountant and investment banker with no expertise in the sports industry. The Glazers have got no idea what they are doing. Happy days!
That sums up the crucial difference between them and us.

While some of our off-field activities currently leave much to be desired (although the appointment of a very experienced COO from outside football is designed to address this) our owner's commitment is to be absolutely the best in the world on the field and they've achieved that.

Scraping 4th every season and going out of the CL at the last 16 stage wouldn't be remotely good enough for us but it is quite good enough for them.

Can OGS survive November and do you want him too? I think Chelsea away is a key game (28th November). They are already 5 points off 4th spot, If they lose to Chelsea then that is going to put their CL qualification at risk and that will be the red flag for the Glazers.

I would prefer them to limp along under OGS rather than appoint a good coach like Potter or Rodgers.
As others have said, and I’ve said in the past, the troll will keep his job until Champions League qualification is mathematically impossible, just like Gollum and TT.

Unless, of course it really goes tits up, as it did for PEG, then he will be out on his ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.