United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

I never tire of watching that clip!

I love to break that down. GPC has a go to which Mancini reacts. Mancini gets pulled away so GPC basically says ‘Hold me back’. Mancini then comes in again and HSS drops off for a second before he gets his entourage to ‘Hold him back’ again.

Mancini had him on toast and I fucking loved it!

Just cause would be covered by fans violently invading the stadium and police wanting the game to be called off for safety reasons.
I'm not so sure that clubs can't be held responsible for the conduct of their fans. If United get away with this scot-free (which I think they have done, because I don't think they have been charged), then their fans are given carte-blanche to do the same thing at any game they choose. In theory, they could disrupt the full season.

If The FA were to punish them with a points deduction, their fans might think twice about having games postponed in the future. United might start taking security a little more seriously, which would be good for all visiting clubs.

The problem at the moment is, as with so much at The FA, that their rules are poorly defined. As you point out, they have decided United had 'just cause' on this occasion. Yet Middleborough were given a points deduction when their squad was decimated with flu, and Spurs were forced to play when their squad was hit with a virus in 2017 (the lasagne was innocent).

I'm not so sure that clubs can't be held responsible for the conduct of their fans. If United get away with this scot-free (which I think they have done, because I don't think they have been charged), then their fans are given carte-blanche to do the same thing at any game they choose. In theory, they could disrupt the full season.

If The FA were to punish them with a points deduction, their fans might think twice about having games postponed in the future. United might start taking security a little more seriously, which would be good for all visiting clubs.

The problem at the moment is, as with so much at The FA, that their rules are poorly defined. As you point out, they have decided United had 'just cause' on this occasion. Yet Middleborough were given a points deduction when their squad was decimated with flu, and Spurs were forced to play when their squad was hit with a virus in 2017 (the lasagne was innocent).

Aren't they only held responsible for behaviour of fans when they are inside stadiums (including away games, not under their control). We don't even know that they are all rags, it could have been Chelsea fans :)

What's to stop a club organising a riot or a pitch invasion to get a game called off when things are not going in their favour?

The fan ownership lark isnt going well from what I have read. The Glazers seem to have turned it into a money making thing for them. Nonethless they're asking Utd fans to signup and "Do what Eric (Cantona) has done" and signup to "Change Man Utd for Good"

The whole club is becoming mired in politics. I think we've seen the last of them for the next ten years tbh.

78k signatures. Just short of their global fan base figure then eh?

We really do need a cuntometer

7bac644206ab625dacc5579007e9ffa9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.