United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is most probably what they need long term, but short term is hopefully only going to upset the ego's of the 'star' players, who will just sulk when told they are not putting a shift in.
I sincerely hope he manages to upset everyone within the rag set-up and that it all ends in tears.

Ragnick will be bad news, maybe his impact will not immediately affected in this season or next. But it will be come fruition into 3-4 years down of the line if the rags finally play a modern era of football, if they put his advice seriously.

when he finds out Ronaldo and the pisscan are plotting and briefing against him the shit will hit the fan

Similar to Pellers from the sounds of it?
No no, Pellers was a much too nice and polite fella who seemed a bit bloodless. A likeable gentleman but a bit boring in his statements. IMO.

Rangnick is much less sympathetic as he just talks too much and realizes too late that nobody is listening anymore. I also don't know if his English is good enough for his number of endless lectures ;)

Left the German football market for a reason, isn't present at all nowadays here and we'll see if he is ready to be successful for - sorry - such a huge task and immense media pressure. Rangnick stepped down as Schalke coach in 2011 with a mental burn-out mind.
Maybe with different personal circumstances though back then.

First, I admit I have skipped 15-20 pages as I have been out but.....
Rag Nick is the interim manager, the rags have said he may stay on in another role but...
He still has Noddys back room staff in place.
He still has The GPC in place and running the media.
Apparently he likes a team to press, for 3 years they were the total opposite.....
And ronny n ratty ain't gonna press
In 6 months he will be advising a new manager but that manager may have a different ideas

Oh what a shit show, oh how fuckin' brilliant

To give you my impression about Rangnick over many years
I'd say he's a very intelligent, academic football teacher and a great strategic analyst. In Germany he is also known as "The Professor"...
He will change utd's way to play, their intensity on the pitch and their complete scouting and academy system. That's what he stands for - change. And I guess utd fans are exactly waiting for that.

This might be bad news as it seems the club owners have identified the necessity to change a lot. And he needs a lot of power and competences to play that role, which he likes. If utd want a puppet they won't be happy with him too long. He is quite demanding.
He might have some success as consultant or DOF after end of this season.

At the same time his strengths as a theorist and tactical expert have shown fundamental problems addressing players in the right tone, especially stars and divas running around the swamp.

I doubt Rangnick will have a strong impact as a coach to save the current season. But his mid-term impact could bring some trouble for non-utd fans. He definitely will change that wonderfully pisspoor transfer philosophy of overrated and overpaid big names. Rangnick is a man of youth talent development.
If he gets the power he needs, it could be some turnaround after years of misery. But he could also get on everybody's nerves in that club with his know-it-all manner - as a German. Thin ice for him...

He's won squat and all he advocates is kick and rush. Any team can run around like mad Harry for the first 20 minutes, only those on PEDS do it for longer. The rags want him for his scouting network he has and more than likely, the passwords he has that still work. A know it all German, well there's a first.

He is most probably what they need long term, but short term is hopefully only going to upset the ego's of the 'star' players, who will just sulk when told they are not putting a shift in.
I sincerely hope he manages to upset everyone within the rag set-up and that it all ends in tears.

He has the loyalty of an ally cat, he is being brought in because he's a dodgy *ucker.

Anyone saying Hoffenhiem was good under him needs their head checking. No, they weren't they just got promoted and that was it, they couldn't challenge in a bigger league, he left them and 5 to 6 years later they then managed a 4th and 3rd place finish, which was nothing to do with Rangnick and all to do with Julian Nagelsmann who is now funnily enough with Bayern as he's a quality coach and manager. So all Rangnick is good at is taking teams from lower leagues and promoting them. He never makes them into title contenders or even play decent football
I hope he gets the chance in 2023!

Some great comments on the BBC website such as this one

"Imagine being a United fan. Thought you were getting Conte, then thought you were getting Zidane, then thought you were getting Pochettino.
And now you have to pretend you're over the moon about appointing some German guy that you just googled to find out who he is."

Another post said "Two German Cup finals in 30 years..... he is the German Tony Pullis"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.