United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about the Gallaghers, they lived in Cranwell Drive, Burnage, off Burnage lane - down at the (Fog) Lane End part, opposite what was the Sun In September pub. Their mum's still there, I think (in the house, not the pub!).
I lived off Fog Lane.
I knew they were from Burnage but didn’t know exactly where. I used to live on Erica Drive, just the other side of Burnage Lane from them

Red Cafe this morning is priceless!!

As a Yank and not exposed to the over-hyped football press of England's journalism, I have a serious question; who will get to write the tell-all documentation of the great collapse in Salford? I realize it will not be in the GPC's lifetime, but who will be the first to do it?
I wrote this a bit ago — I think the answer is Harvard Business School (ironic given the GPC’s speeches there). In B School you do “case” studies of companies that face threats, succeed or fail, or managers who have to make difficult decisions, etc. This will be an excellent example of of an entity that was LBO’d just as new competitive threats were emerging, and afterwards failing to recognize how strong those competitors were -- ala huge, traditionally-financed brick and mortar retailers failing to see the threat of start-up online retailers financed with venture capital. Another parallel is General Electric under the leadership of management “guru” Jack Welch followed by an effective collapse and, now, break-up. Some professor or PhD candidate will write this story up -- it's a classic.

As I’ve also written several times, the biggest worry we have is the Glazers recognizing that they’ve wrung all the eggs out of the golden goose they can and deciding to sell to another entity bent on rebuilding and with capital to do so and a plan to circumvent FFP wires. But even so, they’ll be doing so in the face of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and perhaps even Spurs, Arsenal and Toon being regular if not permanent threats, and this assumes no other side emerges as one. Rebuilding a side let alone an organization that can win regularly will take a fair degree of time and a side/organization that consistently dominates as they once did well nigh impossible.

Last edited:
Bumped into my rag uncle today. No football chat allowed now apparently (after decades of robbing from him)

Best I got out of him was that we were “robotic”. How so? We win all the time and don’t break down. Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.