United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with keegan the premier league almost had a Pep
He was widely ridiculed but, even if he was a long way behind Pep. He was still the type of manager that should be made to succeed
Instead Fergie is lauded and I can’t get my head round that
I loved Keegan, but he’s not on the same planet as Pep as a manager.

Pep wants 10 midfielders and a keeper. Keegan wanted 8 forwards, 2 wingers and a keeper.

Keegan never thought about stopping counter attacks, he just wanted to score more than the opposition. He didn’t have a clue how to control a game. Fun to watch, but ultimately too flawed to consistently win anything.

Micah was bang on there. I think Neville isn't a bad pundit but only when he's not talking about United. When United are the topic, he just ends up talking a load of shite (as evidenced by the numerous times he tied himself in knots over Solskjaer as he didn't want to blame his mate but ended up doing so in a roundabout way anyway!) and as Micah said, he (Neville) seems happier to accept mediocrity in pursuit of some mythical "United Way" values via the interim appointment of Wreck It Ralf than appoint a manager like Conte. Of course, there's no guarantee that Conte would've done any better and he does seem to be a bit short-term but United have a penchant for sacking managers every couple of years these days anyway and he (Conte) does have a proven track record of winning titles and giving teams a lift, yet Neville reckons he wasn't the right fit. Well he would say that as United allowed Spurs to nip in and get him but I bet if United had appointed him, Neville would've been singing a different tune and would be all for it!
Micah, whilst being correct, needs to shut the fuck up about the ’Nited way.

It took them 25 years to replace Busby. We’re not even 10 years in to replacing the Pisscan.

Hush Micah. Never interrupt the enemy whilst they are making a mistake.

Very emotional from him and what he spouts is bang on the nail but he didn’t mention the elephant in the room “the Glaziers”. Whilst they own the club the rags will carry on floundering. Please stay for ever.
I don't think the elephant in the room is the Glazers.

They've allowed spending a fortune in the past decade, more than us, on players.
They're allowing spending a fortune in wages, far more than us, currently.
The only thing they've not allowed spending on is infrastructure - they could be beaten with that stick.
Youth has also been crap for years, since their once in a lifetime 92 lot, they haven't had a long-term consistent home-grown youth player since. ie it precedes the Glazers arriving. Rashford, their last 'class', has been dire for at least 2-3 years, so clearly not longterm.

You could argue that underspending on strengthening the squad in the terminal years of Ferguson started the rot, but no-one at United was complaining then.

The elephant in the room, to me, is the continuing looming ever present Ferguson.
Until they realise that, (like Liverpool had to with Shankly, and United with Busby), then they are stuck in the past, reliving the past.

As long as they continue to allow him to loom, jelly and ice cream should be thought of as pushed far into the future.

Micah, whilst being correct, needs to shut the fuck up about the ’Nited way.

It took them 25 years to replace Busby. We’re not even 10 years in to replacing the Pisscan.

Hush Micah. Never interrupt the enemy whilst they are making a mistake.

Most if not all of the TV pundits seem to want the rags to do better, giving their opinions on how to improve their lot.

Just let them rot on the vine, I want them out of business without a home, repossessed and the bailiffs swarming over it to dismantle it.

The swamp needs to be an Amazon warehouse as quickly as possible.

They've spent a fortune in the past decade, more than us, on players.
They're spending a fortune in wages, far more than us, currently.
The only thing they've not spent on is infrastructure - they could be beaten with that stick.
Youth has also been crap for years, since their once in a lifetime 92 lot, they haven't had a long-term consistent home-grown youth player since. ie it precedes the Glazers arriving. Rashford, their last 'class', has been dire for at least 2-3 years, so clearly not longterm.

You could argue that underspending on strengthening the squad in the terminal years of Ferguson started the rot, but no-one at United was complaining then.

The elephant in the room, to me, is the continuing looming ever present Ferguson.
Until they realise that, (like Liverpool had to with Shankly, and United with Busby), then they are stuck in the past, reliving the past.

As long as they continue to allow him to loom, jelly and ice cream should be thought of as pushed far into the future.
You could accuse the Glazers of not making Woodward do his job well. He‘s been able to throw stupid money at players without understanding the game.

If the Glazers had appraised Woodward properly and fired him 8 years ago, then they could have had a coherent plan under a good director of football and spent their money more wisely.

Most if not all of the TV pundits seem to want the rags to do better, giving their opinions on how to improve their lot.

Just let them rot on the vine, I want them out of business without a home, repossessed and the bailiffs swarming over it to dismantle it.

Just let them rant.

Hasselbaink had it right. Just sit there and grin like a Cheshire Cat.

I'm not sure whether the rags ran out of steam against us or just whether Pep realised our weakness against their set-up and changed his tactics. Went to pretty much 3 at the back and then our superiority in midfield meant we lost the ball less, they were mostly chasing shadows and lost heart. Particularly after the third goal. I just don't think they and their manager can adapt their game like we can.
Even a prime Liverpool couldn’t press anymore after thirty five minutes
They managed to cling on with dodgy calls but it was all city from there on in

They've allowed spending a fortune in the past decade, more than us, on players.
They're allowing spending a fortune in wages, far more than us, currently.
The only thing they've not allowed spending on is infrastructure - they could be beaten with that stick.

Had this conversation with a red on sunday night. Pointed out that the glazers spend more than anyone. So what did he want? Spend £2n? 3? Like the good old days when they outspent everyone and had the pick of any player they want.

also the GPC situation. Maybe rightly (in their heads) they cant just tell him to go home. But yes his persistent involvement is stinking the place out.

i think that although you cant blame the late uncle malcolm and his weird off spring for pumping money in, i guess you can say that whilst they are there its creating a poisonous atmosphere.
we were there with old wiggy. Until the glasers go the clearout from absolute top to bottom, which is whats needed, wont/cant begin amd therell be no feel good factor

fuckin brilliant isnt it pwahahahaha

Rumours of rashford weighing up his future!

saw that PSG would be interested to replace Mbappe, I can really see this happening and them paying 80-100 million for him!

fact is he is a massively overrated player and would get found out when he doesn’t perform in a foreign league, the media wouldn’t protect him like the British media do here

The United fans would just move en masse to Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.