United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the hell would want Rashford ? Do Lidl or Aldi have a team? Sunday morning game after stacking shelves all night about his level .

who the hell would want Rashford ? Do Lidl or Aldi have a team? Sunday morning game after stacking shelves all night about his level .

His or company and the media will make him out as a world beater his wages will be the problem for any midtable team

I think they saw Ronaldo as their “Soccer Tom Brady”.

It worked for them in the NFL, so tried it here, and failed.

I presume that you’re right, though I’d not previously heard of Tom Brady, but the one certainty is that Ronaldo joining United was a means of putting 2 big brands together, using the reputation of what Ronaldo once was to get a bit of excitement going amongst shareholders and to release a share sale to take advantage of the temporary bump in the share price.

It was actually quite a complicated operation as they had to organise a number of Glazer shares being divided into a multiple of non-voting shares and it had to be ready to hit the market alined with the moment that the share bump occurred. And it did.

All very clever as the club pay Ronaldo’s ridiculous salary as a loss against taxable UK income and the Glazers take their humongous share profits direct into their offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands where MUFC are registered for business.

I bet Woodward got a juicy bonus out of it.

Last edited:
I presume that you’re right, though I’d not previously heard of Tom Brady, but the one certainty is that Ronaldo joining United was a means of putting 2 big brands together, using the reputation of what Ronaldo once to get a bit of excitement going amongst shareholders and to release a share sale to take advantage of the temporary bump in the share price.

It was actually quite a complicated operation as they had to organise a number of Glazer shares being divided into a multiple of non-voting shares and it had to be ready to hit the market alined with the moment that the share bump occurred. And it did.

All very clever as the club pay Ronaldo’s ridiculous salary as a loss against taxable UK income and the Glazers take their humongous share profits direct into their offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands where MUFC are registered for business.

I bet Woodward got a juicy bonus out of it.
Not hearing of Tom Brady is pretty impressive these days!

He won the Glazers the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay at the wrong side of 40. I think he’s won the Super Bowl more than any other player, but could be wrong on that.

Guess they tried it with the aged Ronaldo as their attempt to win the CL.

Not hearing of Tom Brady is pretty impressive these days!

He won the Glazers the Super Bowl with Tampa Bay at the wrong side of 40. I think he’s won the Super Bowl more than any other player, but could be wrong on that.

Guess they tried it with the aged Ronaldo as their attempt to win the CL.
He’s won it more than “any other player”. I don’t know “any other players”. At all. Tom Brady sounds like the bastard offspring of a mercurial Irish footballer and a Scottish mass murderer.

He’s won it more than “any other player”. I don’t know “any other players”. At all. Tom Brady sounds like the bastard offspring of a mercurial Irish footballer and a Scottish mass murderer.
Fair enough. I‘m no American Football fan, but have heard of some.

Guess it’s a badge of honour for you to have made sure you haven’t heard of any.

Fair enough. I‘m no American Football fan, but have heard of some.

Guess it’s a badge of honour for you to have made sure you haven’t heard of any.
Nope, just have no interest in it, nor do most folk I think. I remember The Fridge. And Paper Lion is a great book.

I fucking love the realisation of the fake Russell Brand at the end: "They're just taking the piss now, aren't they?"

That's rock bottom right there: when you understand City are fucking toying with you like a cat with a half-chewed, crippled mouse.
We did that for the entire second half at their place before Christmas. But this time we scored a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.