United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo is at that stage in his footballing life where the ageing process will speed up like fuck in the next 2-3 years.
The Rags are paying him fortunes for all us to witness this inevitable dismise.

Should be good viewing

I think I am right in saying that in the league last season the Rags were the second highest goal scorers and had the 5th best defence.
There window has basically brought in forwards and a centre half, the two areas of the pitch that they had least issues with.

Their midfield is the issue and they did nothing to strengthen it, while the signings they have made will no doubt make the squad stronger they have missed a huge opportunity to improve where they needed to.

Also it appears to have slipped under the radar that Pogba is now very likely to leave on a free at the end of the season, Ronaldo will be nailed on to start every game as will Sancho, so that leaves Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford and Martial fighting it out for the centre forward role.
Ronaldo has been a striker for awhile. Therein lies the headache for Ole. Cavani, Greenwood, Martial and Ronaldo will all want to play in the middle and I've never seen Ole play 2 up front before.

Watching SSN transfer crap last night and the two presenters asked Paul Merson what he thought about the Ronaldo signing after they spent a couple of minutes really bigging it up and seemed quite giddy doing it. Fair do's to him he informed the two sycophants that the rags ain't getting the player who left and though he can still score goals he said fans should no longer expect to see him coming in from the wing taking players out of the game and dominating matches. In fact he said he could be a bit of a liability when the team doesn't have the ball and that Juventus really couldn't wait to get him off the books.

Suffice to say the two presenters and the retired Scottish footballer whose name escapes me sat there in utter shock at his answer and tried to correct him that he was obviously mistaken and this was one of the best signings ever to take place since football was invented but he stood by what he had said. They quickly got the retired Scottish fellah to get them back on track and he obliged by spouting balls about him being a legend and coming here to win trophies as that's what he does. Peace was again restored to the Sly Sports Studio and they two presenters got all giddy again.

What a f*cking shower of a channel that really is.

Watching SSN transfer crap last night and the two presenters asked Paul Merson what he thought about the Ronaldo signing after they spent a couple of minutes really bigging it up and seemed quite giddy doing it. Fair do's to him he informed the two sycophants that the rags ain't getting the player who left and though he can still score goals he said fans should no longer expect to see him coming in from the wing taking players out of the game and dominating matches. In fact he said he could be a bit of a liability when the team doesn't have the ball and that Juventus really couldn't wait to get him off the books.

Suffice to say the two presenters and the retired Scottish footballer whose name escapes me sat there in utter shock at his answer and tried to correct him that he was obviously mistaken and this was one of the best signings ever to take place since football was invented but he stood by what he had said. They quickly got the retired Scottish fellah to get them back on track and he obliged by spouting balls about him being a legend and coming here to win trophies as that's what he does. Peace was again restored to the Sly Sports Studio and they two presenters got all giddy again.

What a f*cking shower of a channel that really is.
Wasnt a certain guy called Paddy was it?

Yes, Ronaldo is earning £100k a week more than KDB. The best player in the league and the previously highest paid (with De Gea narrowly behind him).

Actually if you take tax into account, Ronaldo earns almost double what KDB earns...
Or is KDB earning 385k after tax?

Ronaldo has been a striker for awhile. Therein lies the headache for Ole. Cavani, Greenwood, Martial and Ronaldo will all want to play in the middle and I've never seen Ole play 2 up front before.
He could be the key to release pogbad too...

Actually if you take tax into account, Ronaldo earns almost double what KDB earns...
Or is KDB earning 385k after tax?
What’s ronaldo earning before tax?

I thought they were both retrospectively on £380k and £480k before tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.