United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That struck me immediately as being weird. A pub scene of City fans has all sorts of home and aware shirts from years gone by. I often used to wear a 1956 cup final maroon shirt until it err shrunk in recent years;)
The only shirt I wear these days is a retro number 8 shirt, given to me on my 65th birthday. It still fits (where it touches). The last shirt I bought was a few years ago, 3 days after a certain match. I asked them to put my name on the back, and my age as the number. As a special request, could they place a hyphen between the numbers.
I was 61! It was amazing how many people knew me on the way to the next match.
;-)

Thats attacking someone is it?

Fuck me I've had bigger scuffles trying to get a pie at half time in the North stand.
Easy to say that if you're not an away fan completely outnumbered and boxed in. United fans were a disgrace in that clip and the only thing stopping it getting really messy was that line of stewards. United fans lobbing missiles and flares at Brentford fans and repeatedly trying to get at them isn't a good look. I mean. what the fuck is up with them? Since when did they have a rivalry with Brentford?

Easy to say that if you're not an away fan completely outnumbered and boxed in. United fans were a disgrace in that clip and the only thing stopping it getting really messy was that line of stewards. United fans lobbing missiles and flares at Brentford fans and repeatedly trying to get at them isn't a good look. I mean. what the fuck is up with them? Since when did they have a rivalry with Brentford?
It's obviously a London beef :)

Seems we have 5 or 6 strikers......

What are we wasting money on Haaland for?

Love it. This is the guy who was brought in as a consultant don't forget.

"So, Ralf, we want to emulate our cross city rivals and bring back success. What are your observations, what do we need to do, how are they different to us? Structure, training methods, player quality, mentality?"

"Well, from what I can see they have 5 or 6 strikers. We need more strikers."

The bus is now driven by a guy who is lovingly staring at a photo of the Austrian countryside with a tear in his eye, who is forgetting to even look up and just bats away questions with any old guff.

Well, Brentford ARE from London…

(And United need DEFENDERS. Not strikers.)

The only shirt I wear these days is a retro number 8 shirt, given to me on my 65th birthday. It still fits (where it touches). The last shirt I bought was a few years ago, 3 days after a certain match. I asked them to put my name on the back, and my age as the number. As a special request, could they place a hyphen between the numbers.
I was 61! It was amazing how many people knew me on the way to the next match.
;-)
I wish women would touch me as tightly as most of my shirts do;) My red and black shirts became museum pieces when the stripes diverged wildly round my middle.
I always take bigger ones on holidays (remember them?) to announce 'l am blue, l am City and I am here'! Not that the bar owners need to be reminded. Even without a City shirt they recognise me and call out 'Manchester City'. I quite like that for the team and myself.
More pragmatically the missus likes them because they wash and dry quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.