United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone thin k if Pep or Kl**p went there right now would they be able to turn the club around?
I think they would do. United's problem has been, since Mourinho, appointing absolutely useless managers who's CV is little better than a Sunday League manager!

When I look at the players they have available to them, they are definitely not bad players:

- De Gea is still one of the best shot stoppers in the world and is ok with his feet
- Maguire was a target for us and plays well enough for England
- Fred was a target for us, plays for Brazil and is pretty mobile
- Sancho was superb for Dortmund and was from our Academy
- Ronaldo is ageing but can still score goals, ditto Cavani
- Pogba is an interesting one but was good for Juventus and is superb for France
- Matic can still do a half decent job
- Fernandes has shown he can create and score with the best in this league
- Varane is a good defender until he went to united
- Shaw plays very well for England
- Wan Bissaka is a good defender, but can't attack
- Rashford has goals in him

Now I'm not saying these players are better than what we have, they definitely aren't. However, they are simply nowhere near as bad as they play for united. I watched the game tonight and I have no idea why Rangnick was ever appointed, why he is still there or why they want him around next season. It's plain as anything that the players don't rate him. He's gone in and pissed them off and he wants them to do something that doesn't suit the team.

Klopp/Pep could easily take the players they've got, add in a few additions and get them quite easily into a top 4 team. If you were Ronaldo, Pogba, Fernandes how would you feel when a 4th rate temporary manager from the Russian league starts telling you how to play? Bear in mind it was only a few months ago that it was a 4th rate manager from Molde doing the same...

United are a badly run club. Players like Wan Bissaka didn't fit into what they were trying to do and cost a lot of money. Maguire was bought to stop him coming to City, same with Ronaldo and Fred. I think you could easily take the players from that list and put them into our team and we'd not see them as 'bad players'.

It's a basket case there, no doubt. It's like we were in the 90s but they've just spent a lot more money! :)

Said to a m8 earlier, I quite like Potter but he'd never get the Man Utd job as he isn't high profile enough.

But they'd happily give it to Solskjaer or Rangnick.

Similar to Lampard getting the Chelsea gig after a half decent season in the Championship with loans like MAson Mount, Harry Wilson & Fikayo Tomori.

They were awful tonight and Brighton were full value for the 4-0 win, could have been a lot worse

They have just blown a load of money by not getting CL football. Not sure how much but it’s not insignificant. :-)

United have the same problem as Everton: they prefer Hollywood names. They are in more of a position to get away with it than we are, as they're a bigger draw than we are, admittedly. I'd have taken Potter over Lampard. He underachieved with that Chelsea team.

Was in a bar in a hotel in town this evening. Geoff Shreeves and Martin Tyler were in, they must be staying at the hotel and working on the game tomorrow. Surprised me that even though the United game was on tv, neither was paying any attention to it. They looked over as the 3rd and 4th went in but quickly turned round and started chatting again. No interest in United. Lol.

A great piece of research.
It's funny as we're coming up 10 years since Aguero where only 8 goals separated the sides in the table.

Since then they nicked the title back and we've won a further 4.

However in those 10 years we've also won 56 more games, drawn 36 fewer and lost 23 fewer. Won 132 more points, scored 228 more goals and conceded 78 fewer for a better goal difference of 306. And we've got 3 games in hand this season...

And that's including Mancini's last season and that 3 year spell under Pelle and Pep where we were nowhere near our peak either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.