United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time a rag mentions that Ladyboy ponce's name and proudly says: "Yeah but, he plays for us," I always counteract with: "He never actually plays for anyone except himself.'

When teams go out on the pitch they are playing together: their teammates are their own mates, there should be a sense of togetherness, camaraderie from the players, 'shoulder-to-shoulder against the foe' and all that. But you would never ever in a billion light years get the sort of commitment you need when your back is against the wall from someone like the Ladyboy. If he scores a hat-trick it wouldn't matter a fuck if it helps his team to win the game or not, as long as his name is mentioned in the headlines and the media attention is firmly focused on him and him alone.

That's why I say to all the rags I know: "I've yet to see him actually play a game for you. I've seen him score a few goals, but fuck all else."

Reactions: mac
Good indicator of scum fans mindsets at moment. All attention at the swamp focused on the Youth Cup Final. They may draw a 60k crowd which is unbelievable.
But it struck me that our pride and excitement in 85/86 is being replicated. Nothing else to cheer, throw all your footy emotion into the only chance of success.
Crikey just how the tables have turned.

Morning raggies. Lickle Citeh are fighting it out with the dippers for top spot.
We have also signed one of the best players in the world for the ridiculously low price of 51 mill.
He will link up with Foden, Debruyne, Silva and many more world class players.

Remember the put down by the bloke who caused your downfall, noisy neighbours ?
Well we are certainly making all the noise now.

Oh and good luck with free transfer signings.

Good indicator of scum fans mindsets at moment. All attention at the swamp focused on the Youth Cup Final. They may draw a 60k crowd which is unbelievable.
But it struck me that our pride and excitement in 85/86 is being replicated. Nothing else to cheer, throw all your footy emotion into the only chance of success.
It's hilarious how quickly this has happened

I always put people who obsess about the size of 'their' club in the same category as those men who obsess about the size of their dick. In both cases, it's not the size;it's what you do with it that counts.
Why didn't you tell me that 30 years ago. Doh!

Barcelona did exactly the same thing with the womens team, the fans jumped ship from the mens team when they realised it had gone tits up.

I think what that amazing Youth Cup crowd shows is how big the audience for football really is if ticket prices are sensible. United deserve some credit (for once) for charging just £1 and giving money to charity. With the huge levels of broadcasting income these days all clubs could easily subsidise ticket prices. In fact it could be ringfenced into any broadcasting contract. If PL match tickets were, say £15 to £20 a head, United would get 100,000 every week and City would get 70,000. That would make an even better spectacle for the global TV audiences.
I think it also shows what a fantastic city for football Manchester (Trafford!) is. Much as we slag off our rivals it is fantastic for our local economy to have two huge football clubs like City and United. There are not many places in the world that can compete with this.

I think what that amazing Youth Cup crowd shows is how big the audience for football really is if ticket prices are sensible. United deserve some credit (for once) for charging just £1 and giving money to charity. With the huge levels of broadcasting income these days all clubs could easily subsidise ticket prices. In fact it could be ringfenced into any broadcasting contract. If PL match tickets were, say £15 to £20 a head, United would get 100,000 every week and City would get 70,000. That would make an even better spectacle for the global TV audiences.
I think it also shows what a fantastic city for football Manchester (Trafford!) is. Much as we slag off our rivals it is fantastic for our local economy to have two huge football clubs like City and United. There are not many places in the world that can compete with this.

I'd rather our local economy shrunk by 50% than give the rags any credit at all. As for giving money to charity? Eric Cantona and his freeloading family says hi ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.